Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

Reading this kind of shit makes me glad them I'm doing the conversion myself. It really sucks that you're having problems with your car, I swear people never do the conversion properly. Every 4AGE KE70 that I checked out before I decided to do the swap myself was seriously dodgey. But then again I was mainly looking at cars on boostcruising... :lolcry:

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

OK....

 

So I was driving home when all of a sudden I lost power.

 

Pulled over, everything worked apart from my stereo and I assumed the ECU (same circuit I predicted).

 

I could still hear the fuel pump work but it wouldn't kick over.

 

Got the missus to drop off some tools and wire and hard wired the ECU to the battery. Still nothing.

 

Noticed my acc power had decided to disappear while I was trying to fix shit.

 

Ripped everything apart trying to find the problem.

 

Some dudes stopped and tried to help.

 

We pulled the battery terminals off to try reset everything, she started.

 

I stopped her, wouldnt start.

 

Turns out there is an acc wire from the battery to a plug that had worn out and basically snapped.

 

Rewired it side of the road dodgy, she started, went to drive off, stall.

Start, drive stall etc.

 

Unplugged the MAP sensor, stopped stalling.

 

Drove it home as fast as possible.

 

I'm hoping the vacuum line is blocked to the MAP sensor, but most likely the whole thing is poked.

 

Yes, I am over this car.

 

IMAG0445.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

  • Author

It sucks but the guy who helped was a mechanic and took his time to help me diagnose the problem.

 

Probably saved me a few hundred bucks giving me pointers and was happy when I gave him a couple of beers.

 

You don't get GC's like that too often.

 

EDIT: Plus I blew a rad hose this morning on the way to work.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

dude this thing is starting to sound like our cressida! shit just keeps going wrong. maybe i shall join you with some moltov cocktails? I'm gona use big bottles i wanna make sure nothing is left of this cressy :)

  • Author

So when idling it will rev high low high low high low.

 

Unplug the MAP, revs fine. Vac hose is not blocked.

 

Anyone got a spare they can donate till I have cash to buy one? Or one that def works I can use to see if thats the problem?

 

Is the lack of an O2 sensor and cold start causing these problems?

time for a 4k swap? :P

basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

easy

 

step 1.

post-8435-0-22081600-1326447189_thumb.jpg

 

step 2.

post-8435-0-21502700-1326447192_thumb.jpg

 

last but not least

post-8435-0-17936500-1326447191_thumb.jpg

 

 

:lol:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.