4Age Fwd To Rwd

Alvarado.e09

Because I have a MR2 engine with a MR2 engine harness can I use the Mr2 dash harness and cluster will a GTS cluster work on a MR2 dash harness? Also can I use the MR2 front harness for the lights? I'm asking becuase there is a 86 MR2 at the U Pull. It wouldn't be hard to find that parts

Almost done. I think I should have it running in the next 2 weeks I'll post a video :)

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Okay so my car is taking a little longer to get running than i thought. I have been soldering in a MR2 harness so i can use the cluster pod. I have gotten evertyhing soldered but my blinkers and power to the fuel pump isnt working :/ HeadLights Tail lights work fine I'm not really sure on the problem maybe I'm missing a ground or rely or something not sure ill keep you posted and ill post some pics soon so you can see what cute MR2 POD.

• 1 month later...

I havent done anything with the 4AGZE But I am going to crank over my 4AGE today after work so i hope everything goes as planned. I'm going to be droping the 4AGZE out of the MR2 this weekend i think I'm just going to work on Turboing the 4AGZ insted of keeping the supercharger. It look me longer than i thought to get everything together and i had a lot of soldering making the MR2 harness and MR2 dash cluster work Ill let you guys know whats up. Wish me luck i hope my engine is not a lemmen.

So the engine turns over thats a plus yay :) I couldnt get it to start maybe i don't have spart? i know i have fuel for sure. Also my oil level is super high I'm not sure why. I put 5 quirts of oil because my oil cooler is super big.

Any ways i haven't ever done any of this before so I'm kinda in the darks. I have everything together now i just need to get it to start any tips pointers to get my engine to run?

Okay so i have a question maybe someone can help me with. I put in 5 quorts of oil turnned the engine over for a good 20-30 seconds and the oil level is super high almost half of the dip stick. Should i be consurned i would have thought the oil would have drop and cycled in the engine already. I looked at my oil cooler to see if any oil has made it there or not and there is nothing. Is something wrong or is this the norm for a new engine? Is my oil pump not working maybe? This is my first build and i don't really know anything about cars other than what i have learned building this one. I just want to make sure i don't distroy my engine. Any advice would be greatful thanks.

4 quarts is what you needed to put in (may have to top up slightly), cooler is on a pressure relief so you won't get oil in it until it is running and turning it over by hand isn't enough for the pump to make a vacuum. Take the plugs out, remove the efi fuse (if it is hooked up in the car) and turn it over via the starter.

There must be a cold start bypass in the inlet system somewhere that does the same job as a choke. I'm just researching the Pintara's CA20 one as that is stalling now the days are below zero in the morning.

How low will it run? 1000rpm? Have you run it long enough to warm it right up?

If its anything like the Nissan setup, the TPS should be telling the computer that the throttle is at idle position, and the computer should be opening the idle air control to regulate idle speed. So a problem in either of those would mean it wouldn't idle.

It doesnt run i have to pump the gas so it will stay on but i can rav all the way. I'm thinking there might be a vac leak. I havent let it get hot yet only started for a couple of seconds. When i start the car oil level gage is full then just drops all the way any if i turn the key off then back on it goes back up ideas? Can you get air in the oil lines from the oil cooler maybe or maybe i have my oil cooler installed to far I'm not sure.

I got it to idle but hes still not happy lol. I replaced the ECU and that helped a lot and i tried one of my friends Air Flow Meters it worked better than mine but his Meter isn't working that great either.

When i rev and let off the gas it will just die out someone told me it was this thing.

mailgooglecom-1.jpg

Also when the car is running the oil pressure starts at high then slowly drops all the way to low any ideas?

Any ways any day soon i can take it out on the road and have a good time i hope.