February 10, 201214 yr comment_583513 Hey guys/girls I've had my K50 gearbox getting reconditioned, anyways they have run into a bit of trouble, he 5th gear has a chip out of one of the tooths. I'm just wondering if anyone has a 5spd in pieces and wants to part with the 5th gear. Even if anyone has a shot K50 gearbox that they want to sell, as all i need is the gear. I can put this gear back in but it will have a noise and i'm not really keen on that. Would be great if anyone could help. Cheers Edited February 10, 201214 yr by JordyKE Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583550 On a sideways note, how much is the quote to reco it and what are they replacing?? Mine has a little whine in every gear except 4th, but the layshaft bearings were about $300 !! Report
February 10, 201214 yr Author comment_583567 On a sideways note, how much is the quote to reco it and what are they replacing?? Mine has a little whine in every gear except 4th, but the layshaft bearings were about $300 !! My old man kind of sorted it out. But we got a good deal through a bit of mates rates. Ended up being $450, which is bloody good, the bearings do cop moist the blow. So it generally should be all good. I don't think this slight chip shoudl make much a difference considering it's not under extreme load anyways. Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583578 wouldnt the correct place to put this ad be in the wanted to buy section? Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583585 Jesus. $450? and that's calling in favors? I'm going to have a bit more mechanical simpathy for my gearbox now :huh: Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583590 yeah we had my mates CA18 gearbox rebuilt at one stage. not much change from 900bucks. parts arent that expensive (still a few hundred), but labour is a killer!!! most places are on 80-100 bucks an hour.... Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583599 You can get a bearing and seal kit from Australia Transmission Components: http://www.austtrans.com/ I got a quote for a TA22 T50 gearbox kit, part number K-TOY2010B, and it was $180.15 Synchro Rings 1-2 33368-20012R $27.50 each 3-4-5 33367-14010R $23.38 each I did go into the Toyota parts dealer and I think the synchro rings were a bit cheaper (same part numbers). Can get other parts not included in the kit like needle bearings etc. For the K50 the kit part number is K-TOY2007 Edited February 10, 201214 yr by bruce Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583609 I have one at my parents place. The gearbox is internally minimum wear, but 2nd is missing bits. Pm if you like Report
February 10, 201214 yr Author comment_583663 wouldnt the correct place to put this ad be in the wanted to buy section? It was kind of urgent, and no one ever seems to read the wtb section. I don't think it's much of an issue, and if it is, it can be moved. (i can't multiqoute, someone teach me) Anyways thanks for the info bruce. Ke70dave and Jono.C , yeah it is a killer, and i guess yeah the cost is also most labour. Pretty happy with $450 and that guarantess a very strong box for a number of years, as i don't really thrash it. oh what a nissan feeling.... PM sent. Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_583720 Gearbox's are easy to pull apart not much too them really. Report
February 14, 201214 yr Author comment_584335 Oh what a nissan feeling has offered to grab the gear out of his K50 for me. Big shout to him! Cheers. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now