• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Jono,

f*ck the heater, stupid thing weighs too much anyway...no1 will notice

You can legally get around removing the heater by buying these "hair-dryer" type things....basically switch-operated airflow from under the dash just blows air up the inside of the windscreen, hot-rodders use them alot.

Keep it up Jono,

Mark M

Have heard of those hair dryer things before, supposedly they will

get it all "legal". (think you will still want a thick jumper in the cold though !)

Good stuff on that power figure , have to get us some vids :dance:

cheers for the comments everyone.

still feels really torqey off boost - one advantage of keeping the high compression ( and a lightweight car) , the downside is i can't really boost it anymore without lower compression. so i'm not going to make anymore power with this motor as it is.

I'm still waiting for the rain to stop before i can really test her out. :dance:

78 7krolla: the blue ke20 got chopped in half (i didn't have enough room to keep her intact), and has slowly been butchered for parts for people. i even chopped a chassis rail out of it for a guy in McKay but he never rang back to arrange postage :lmao: . it still has quarter panels, roof, struts, crossmember

Edited by Jono

not sure, i haven't transfered the ECU map to my laptop yet to have a look. so i have no idea how much they've moved the timing.

i gave it a decent hit today as the streets dried out abit, goes blooooody hard. still haven't driven it with the knob turned onto 10psi yet, only 7psi.

What a little weapon, this thing would haul ass, gotta get some vids! :dance:

I hope it runs well for a while, the only bad thing I've heard about the 100kw piston with boost is due is the ring gland design. They have an extra groove for oiling purposes behind the rings which makes a weak point. Keep the boost low and it'll run for ages, just don't get tempted to wind it up too much, someone I know wound there's to 16psi and it lasted 1 hard launch :lmao:

Definitely get a copy of your map asap, haltech, though all reports are that they're great to tune, are prone to resetting themselves and wiping their tune.

keen to keep her as is for a year or two and then perhaps upgrade the gearbox to a 'w' series and then the diff to a big borg warner, and get another 100kw motor to rebuild with some forged pistons. may respray it the factory colour too - it keeps getting little dents here and there (i haven't done one single dent, they just appear!)

of course i may get over it in a year or two and sell the thing if i got a good offer, being all engineered and such. its a shame no one seems to buy these things once they are modified.

i'm keen to swap the saab chasers too, for some 13 or 14 inch mags of the superlite variety.