Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4K-C Carbie Turbo

Featured Replies

  • Author

I have no ecu so thats not an option lol. I know you can get a oil pressure switch that is made for electric fuel pump setups. I think I have enough fittings for oil so I'm piggy backing of the factory pressure switch.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 363.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I got a chance to work on the car today. I now have the tank remounted with the wires for the fuel pump run from the pump to the inside of the boot. I ran out of hose clamps so the back end is still s

Posted Images

  • Author

Over the last few days I have spent a fair bit of time on the car. It is almost ready to start. I dropped the sump down and swapped over my timing covers.

 

The picture shows a heater hose as a drain hose, just dummied atm. soon to get proper hose.

100_2389.jpg

 

Fuel lines and Electronic Dizzy.

100_2390.jpg

 

100_2392.jpg

 

Top of the list tomorrow.

100_2393.jpg

 

Also had a play with the front suspension and wheel fitment. I'm happy with the result.

I did a lot of reading and have decided on a tyre size. I'm running 7" wide all round and they will be wrapped in 185/60R14. Currently it has 195/60R14 to give you an idea. A little bit of stretch.

 

100_2388.jpg

100_2397.jpg

100_2398.jpg

 

One to show brake disc size RX7 vs. KE70. KE70 on top ;)

100_2396.jpg

 

-----Fingers crossed it will be running tomorrow.... maybe, there is always some thing.-----

  • Author

Put a battery in the car today and tried out the fuel pump. I left the fuel line that runs to the carbie In a jug. However all that came out was air. I rechecked polarity of the fuel pump, this led to know gain. I finally decided to remove the tank and have a look.

 

It turns out that The modded pickup for an in tank pump that I was going to run caused the problem. I cut the line that is normally used as the In tank pickup to join the in tank pump in. This lead to reusing the std pickup. But at some point it fell off... Don't use spring lamps!!! Fixed that and now I get 7psi at the carbie.

 

Tomorrow will be first start up...

 

 

All I have to say is... Life get in the way of dreams...

 

 

Peace

  • Author

Update. Getting so close to starting. Sadly when I hit the key today the result was nothing... checked the wiring and find nothing wrong. Checked with a multi meter and ever thing is working as it should, besides the starter. I pulled it out and tested on the ground to confirm. Nothing. Grabbed a old starter I had lying around. I tested it before putting it in. Worked great. I put it in and did every thing up. This time the starter spun but I don't think it is throwing far enough to engage the teeth on the flywheel. By this time I had enough and gave up. Ill pull the starter motor out tomorrow and have a closer look.

 

Also had my hubs machined so that the RX7 brake disc's can fit over them. The 14's make them look huge lol.

 

100_2400.jpg

100_2399.jpg

hmmm rusty :(

 

The RX7 camber tops I modded

Before

100_3059-1.jpg

After

100_3055-1.jpg

  • Author

Give the starter a whack with a hammer before you remove it, might free the solenoid.

 

Trust me, I hit it!

 

 

Trust me, I hit it!

 

Might need a bigger hammer!!haha

 

I do like the oil drain. I'll show my mate who's making my manifolds and see if he thinks he can make it work with mine(if that's ok with you?)

BB turbos are very sensitive when it comes to this.

  • Author

Might need a bigger hammer!!haha

 

I do like the oil drain. I'll show my mate who's making my manifolds and see if he thinks he can make it work with mine(if that's ok with you?)

BB turbos are very sensitive when it comes to this.

 

Go for it mate, no need to ask for permission lol i don't own the idea.

 

 

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

I Know it has been a long time but life gets in the way some times.

 

However for the first time today the car had oil pressure. I cranked it over to get oil to every where it is needed ie. the turbo. This was done with the spark disconnected. Now to see if I have spark....

  • 2 weeks later...

Did it start... I just read the whole post and then nothing to say if it worked..... Great build thou.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

not yet... silly me left the bolt in the side of the inlet manifold out. I got a new bolt yesterday which i need to shorten. fingers crossed, today might be the day.

 

Thanks for the support.

  • Author

It cranks and fires then dies. it seems to not be sucking fuel but the carbie is clean. what are the electronic plugs for? are they needed?

only fires if you pump the acc before or during cranking.

The electronic plug should be for the fuel cut off solenoid and will need to be powered to allow the solenoid th work.

  • Author

I have put power to the solenoid and then hit the key. It fires and dies as soon as I stop cranking.

 

 

I have change to an electronic Dizzy and removed the condenser. I am also using a electronic Ign coil.

 

I'm thinking I have messed up the wiring some how.

 

does any one have a wiring diagram?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.