4K-C Carbie Turbo

4k-t

Members dont see this ad

Just caught up with this project, like all of them it seems late and over budget! ;) My first build took three years, from when I was 15 to 18, no wonder I did so badly at school and so good at mechanics!

Still, it must be great to hear it running. If you want a wiring diagram PM me.

The option to your oil pressure cutout for the fuel pump would be a relay from the alty via the ignitiopn light, so it trips the relay when the red light comes on. The pump doesn't wotk unless the alty is putting out power.

Either way, you should add an over-ride from the 'start' position of the key, the starter solenoid activcation wire, so when you crank you power the pump.

• 1 year later...

Been out playing with the car today. I have gotten it to a point where I can drive it. How ever it coughs and misses every with any thing more then light throttle. It also does not want to do more then 3000rpm. Any ideas on cause? Timing maybe?

It is cooling down atm as I found the oil return on the turbo is leaking.

Yeah, cheers mate I have read that. I was reminded of timing so I checked that. It made power and boost all the way to valve bounce (oops!). The only problem I had then was the car would not idle below 2000rpm.

I decided to take the secondary jet out of the primary port and replace it with the primary jet. Stuffed the gasket pulling the top off. Now to wait till tomorrow to get a carby kit.

• 1 month later...