Turbo 4K Not Firing

clean55

Hey guys. now i have found myself in a very hard place at the moment.

I'm in the process of draw through turbo setup on a 4k ive done all the hard work and it should start.

it has an zenith SU carb heaps of fuel coming through it, but it just wont fire. spark is good and everything else working perfectly, i just can't get it to start ANY help would be well received

I have also tried tipping raw fuel into the manifold, and using aerostart everywhere I'm literally out of ideas.

1490642_10200404209627662_752129918_o.jpg

1532112_10200431709275136_1719858267_n.jpg

Edited by clean55

Members dont see this ad

Try putting raw fuel into the manifold again, hold the piston open wide in the carby with your finger and crank, see what happens I guess? By rights with fuel, spark, compression it should fire, or even kick, oh and does the carb have oil in it?

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

I have no idea if the carb has oil or that it needed oil.. timing is at TDC which is should at least fire at hmm holding open the piston is a terrifying idea as it has backfired out the carb a couple times. but nothing consistent.

Edited by clean55

Youd think so, providing your spraying it in after the turbo ie bypassing it alltogether!, if not and the wastegate is open your never,

gonna get the fuel out of the front cover and into that manifold, little own any air, also well worth putting a compression tester on it to make sure it hasnt blown

the comp rings off the pistons, just throwin some ideas at ya, iff all fails contact KIKN5K on here I'm sure hell be handy lol.

Does the SU have the choke fitted and pulling the jet down? There is no pump jet so they will run very lean at starting rpm.

Try taking the red flexible hose off and spraying engine start in there. That would bypass the turbo and confirm that all other systems are working OK.

You could try tow-starting it as cranking speed is very low and once it is running you mght find a turning problem. Stick a few degrees of advance on too, if the total advance worries you don't take it over 2000rpm when its running until you've sorted everything out.

Only thing I can think of is he's thinking that an open gate will cause the turbo to not spin and suck mixture through the inlet..... but at start load/RPM it aint going to do squat anyway. The motor itself should create enough vacuum to such the mixture in.

ye there is a tonne of fuel going in. and i would believe enough air.. as i said ive sprayed easy start into the manifold above cylinders and wont fire.. ive also put some on top of the piston through spark hole and it wont fire.. and yet it had perfect spark timing is TDC and engine was running beautifully not 2 weeks ago so comp should be fine...

In sayign that one thing that suprises me is when I'm cranking the engine after like 20 seconds of crank fuel starts to piss out the bottom of the joint between carb and turbo. if that helps.