Turbo 4K Not Firing

clean55

In sayign that one thing that suprises me is when I'm cranking the engine after like 20 seconds of crank fuel starts to piss out the bottom of the joint between carb and turbo. if that helps.

Assuming you are meaning between the inlet of the turbo and the carby, doesn't this indicate a huge vacuum leak?

Members dont see this ad

hmm right well il get another clamp and anything you guys recommend to put in there like a gasket goo type thing to help?

I also have a boost gauge that reads vacuum at the manifold, anyone have any ideas on what kind of vacuum PSI i should be seeing on crank?

Edited by clean55

Wow everyones a drawthrough guru now lol! amazing how not one person with theyre enlightened opinioin actually run a drawthrough setup?

At no stage is it mentioned whether the factory looking turbo has been BUSHED to accept an entire front cover and wheel assembly full of FUEL!!

A 1300 cc isnt exactly the biggest air pump either hence the wastgate comments about it being stuck open, if it is the front compressor wheel will would be lucky

if it turned at all! If the bushes seals and thrust bearing arent modified in no time at all fuel WILL bleed into the rear housing along the shaft, and into the rear housing.

Imagine that the entire intake side of engine ie front turbo housing , pipework, inlet manifold, will be full of compuonded fuel at boost,NOT AIR!!!! For you efi guys do me a favour and

rip of that pod filter and jam a garden hose in the front of that pretty little turbo add tons and tons of fuel to said garden hose and see how much it likes to fire lol,SCHOOLS OUT! and so am i

• Downvote 1

moses, are you sure that your ignition timing is right?? sounds like it is set to tdc on the exhaust stroke not the compression stroke, put your finger over the sparkplug hole and make sure you feel heaps of pressure when the piston is coming up to tdc when turning it over by hand.

-phil

Ill double check it again phil, its driving me insane... stupid engine just work dammit. ahaha

ok so got a it firing now... i feel embarrassed to say it but it was TDC on exhaust stroke :( BUT it still wont stay alive, anddd my mid way through cranking the motor the starter motor stopped, i assumed it must be out a tooth or something turned the engine with wrench half a compression starter motor then turned fine but a weird clicking sound appeared almost like two bits of metal tapping and it wouldn't fire again form hat point :S

How many times did you start it?? Just once?? Did it run on faster than the starter motor?

The clicking sound could be the solenoid running on a flat battery and not being able to supply enough current for the starter to turn..

Get that battery on charge and then nudge a few (several, like 8) degrees advance on the dizzy. Firing at 0 degrees TDC won't idle well.

Then , if you're running points you'll need to reset them too.

ok so it would ---i don't really know the word for it---- "BURST" fire faster than starter but not steady would just die right off again if i dropped starter, and the battery was on a battery charger the whole time so it couldn't be flat could it?