May 12, 201214 yr comment_603352 If you're talking about the All Toyota Winterfest on June 24 - unfortunately, it won't be there. I'd already booked to be away for that week. That's OK, if you PM me the details, I'll come by and exhibit it for you. I'll even wash it! Report
May 12, 201214 yr comment_603358 That's OK, if you PM me the details, I'll come by and exhibit it for you. I'll even wash it! I'll wash and polish!!! Report
May 12, 201214 yr comment_603360 Thats a great looking 37 ,the rally car looks like dave nightingales old car? Report
May 15, 201214 yr Author comment_604056 Looks like you have nighto's (Dave nightingale's) old ke55 It is! Do you know what happened to the red hot motor he had in it. I ran it for a season... and won the HRA novice driver with my daughter winning the most improved navigator and novice navigator titles. The engine developed a leak in the rear main, and when this was inspected it was a "let's have a look at the rest of it"... which turned into a total rebuild. This ran last season until the first night stage of the Alpine, when a valve decided to let go, and destroy number 2 cylinder. So.. it has a "new" 2T-GEU retrofitted with the solexes... which has been kept totally stock. I haven't seen you at any vcrs or vrc events this year? Are you running the mornappa event? I ran the Gil Davis, and picked up 1st under 1600cc car. ATM, I'm looking for a navigator for the Mornappa, and plan to be there. I'm just back from the Readyplan Rerun.. and the car performed great over the 1200 odd km of outback roads! Report
May 15, 201214 yr Author comment_604058 That's OK, if you PM me the details, I'll come by and exhibit it for you. I'll even wash it! I'll wash and polish!!! Gotta couple of things to do to it before it can "go out" but I may let someone take it down to the Winterfest... it's only around the corner from me! I'll let you know. Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_604086 Ahh ok that's no good was a quick motor. Did it destroy the head? I started the gill Davis but didn't finish. I was in a blue ke70. I did an alternator an lost lights. If you end up at mornappa I might have to say hello. Not running i only live 10 mins from hq Report
May 15, 201214 yr Author comment_604104 Ahh ok that's no good was a quick motor. Did it destroy the head? Yes - totally - and the piston - and it also damaged the block. I have another head exactly the same, however I decided to put in a rebuilt engine that I found in Wodonga rather than rebuilding from scratch - my budget is limited, especially after I found the TE37! This new motor appears to work very well (apart from having to replace a timing chain tensioner that didn't ilke hot oil!) Pop on down to the Moornappa... I'm sure I'll be there! Report
May 21, 201214 yr Author comment_605240 Well, the Levin now has a club permit (through the HRA), and I'll hopefully be giving it a run this weekend down to Archie's Creek with the HRA. I've replaced the clutch master cylinder, but need to get it tuned... it's popping and banging like you wouldn't believe. Who knows when it was last tuned, and, for that matter, what sort of fuel it has in it! (I'll have to drain the tank and put some of the good stuff in it). And if anyone's interested, I've entered the rally car in the Moornapa Mountain Rally http://hra.org.au/index.php?q=node/2301 on 2nd June based out of Briagolong about 10 minutes north of Stratford (2½ hours east of Melbourne). I'll keep you posted with updates and photos as they happen. Report
May 22, 201214 yr Author comment_605560 Hi Jimi, Sorry, not in the immediate future, but I'll keep you in mine. Regards Michael Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605713 Wow, what a car. Havent realy seen any good pics of a TE37 till now. Let alone a Levin. Glad to hear you are going to restore it to its former glory. Keep the Pics coming as the resto is done. Edited May 23, 201214 yr by Gizzys25 Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605718 great te37 so jdm .....love the front.... the rear light surrounds need to be chrome.... Report
May 24, 201214 yr Author comment_605858 great te37 so jdm .....love the front.... the rear light surrounds need to be chrome.... Yes.. someone blacked out nearly all the chrome... so I need to either replace it or get it redone. hahahha na its ok i just thought u did :P my bad Jimi I did... but found someone... so I'm OK for now. Regards Michael Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now