Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

T50 To Replace 4Speed On 4K In Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

 

Hey guys

Need help and info for the above mod. Obviously been done before. I realise there are two different clutches and this will be handled once I get the 4 speed out. What other changes will I need to make? crossmember, gearbox mounts ? Anything else that might trip me up?

Thanks guys

Rob

 

 

 

  • Replies 32
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which t50 have you got? There's different shifter positions depending on what car ta22 vs t18/'71/'86

 

Also the Ta22 and T18 gearbox's have KE corolla output spline count whereas ae71/'86 has a different spline

? What do you mean splitcase? Are you referring to removable bellhousing? Because they're all removable..

  • Author

Back again. Fully recond T50 box has arrived from reputable company in Melbourne. At time of purchase, I explained it was to mate to a 4K engine and it was marketed as a " Corolla T50" , invoice states the same..

Question;

Are there any casting ID numbers on the casing or bellhousing that can help me ID it?

Thanks in advance

  • Author

Yes, that point has already been made. I am trying to identify what bellhousing I have got already

  • Author

Thanks for that link. No numbers stamped between top mounting bolts (5K ?)

Clutch actuating lever aperture on the left as opposed to right side for 4K-K4

I think pictures are gonna help, if you have issues uploading PM me and Ill give you my number and you can SMS me pics and Ill put them up for people.

Sounds like an AE71 T50 which operates off an hydraulic system.

Slow joe its stupit rob here look at above topic ,i tryed to post image on to this post but f##ked it up ,but youll get the idea.

Why the need to a T series box. It will need a serious 4K to overstress a K series box.

 

For example, in 15 odd years of fast street driving/competition I broke 2 boxes. I was driver error. Slotting 1st gear at 50ish km/h didnt do it much good, but it was still drivable. Second box had a pin in the shifter mechanism break locking it in second gear...... Both of these were behind worked 5K's so the boxes were getting more torque pumped through them than a 4k would grunt out.

 

If it is going behind something else and I misread the title of the post, then ignore the above, but if you are constantly breaking boxes behind a 4k, it would be easier to modify your driving style..........

  • Author

Box has a 21 spline input shaft and 7 bolts holding bellhousing to box case.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.