T50 To Replace 4Speed On 4K In Ke55 Coupe

Hey guys

Need help and info for the above mod. Obviously been done before. I realise there are two different clutches and this will be handled once I get the 4 speed out. What other changes will I need to make? crossmember, gearbox mounts ? Anything else that might trip me up?

Thanks guys

Rob

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which t50 have you got? There's different shifter positions depending on what car ta22 vs t18/'71/'86

Also the Ta22 and T18 gearbox's have KE corolla output spline count whereas ae71/'86 has a different spline

Back again. Fully recond T50 box has arrived from reputable company in Melbourne. At time of purchase, I explained it was to mate to a 4K engine and it was marketed as a " Corolla T50" , invoice states the same..

Question;

Are there any casting ID numbers on the casing or bellhousing that can help me ID it?

Thanks in advance

Why the need to a T series box. It will need a serious 4K to overstress a K series box.

For example, in 15 odd years of fast street driving/competition I broke 2 boxes. I was driver error. Slotting 1st gear at 50ish km/h didnt do it much good, but it was still drivable. Second box had a pin in the shifter mechanism break locking it in second gear...... Both of these were behind worked 5K's so the boxes were getting more torque pumped through them than a 4k would grunt out.

If it is going behind something else and I misread the title of the post, then ignore the above, but if you are constantly breaking boxes behind a 4k, it would be easier to modify your driving style..........