Pricing For 4Age/sr20De/t

JSF

Hiya all,

Just wanting to see what my pricing options are and to see whether or not it is worth to go for the better Sr20, or just go for a 4AGE. So this question is aimed at the people who have successfully engine conversed their vehicles;

I currently own a 83' Corolla Ke70. I have some saved up money i'm wanting to spend on one of my cars, so on my JZX100, it will either be a Manual Conversion + LSD, otherwise for my Ke70 a 4AGE rwd or SR20DE or DET depending on how much extra it is to go all the way.

So roughly how much ALL up including labour fees have you spent for your conversions to either a 4AGE (BP, 20V etc) or SR20DE/DET?

Members dont see this ad

i did a ke70 4age conversion a few yrs ago.

i bought the 4age head and block for $110.

the rest of the parts i got for forum prices, bit by bit over about a 2 yr period.

i got a proper exhaust done, a proper fuel sysetm (surge tank, 2 pumps etc) and bought new things when i could (clutch, hydraulic components, gaskets,hydraulic lines all new etc)

i spent not much change from $3,000 by the time i was finished.

can you make your own engine mounts for the sr20? that will be the killer in price if you can't.

all depends on what bargains you can find.

i suggest selling your car, and buying one that is already converted. no seriosly i do.

• Upvote 1

Ah yeah fair enough, so to really get this thing going on a actual track in dry conditions would be costing me almost as much as Manual'ising' my Jzx100, lol. Thanks for the info!

i suggest selling your car, and buying one that is already converted. no seriosly i do.

Ehh.. Yes and no..

Of course it's cheaper, But you also don't know how the conversion has been carried out..

Nearly everyone who's bought a 4age ke70 that i've seen, and even a couple of mates have always have issue's from them not being done properly.

In the case of my old school mates ae71 wagon, the whole thing needed to be rewired from scratch.

Not all are like that, you might find a bargain, but most are done by wannabe P plate drifters who run out cash halfway through..

If you do it yourself, you know it's done right, and you also know the rest of the car is in good condition..

It still baffles me how people will $1400 coilovers in a ke70 and not replace the wheel bearings..

yeah true, that was my philosphy as well, not to mention i didnt have the capital to buy a ~$4k car, but i did have the capital to purchase parts over a long period of tiem.

but if you know what you are doing, doesnt take much to fix up a dodgy conversion.

I think mine will be done for around $2500. I was making a list of what I'd spent but I forgot to maintain it. It goes a little something like this:

Complete AE82 4AGE BP Seca - $1000

HD Exedy clutch kit - $250ish

Gearbox, gearbox crossmember, AE71 crossmember, tailshaft - $350

Engine mounts (metal and rubber) - $100

Engine backing plate - $50ish

Clutch fork, bearing etc - $50ish

EFI pump + lift pump - $220

Surge tank - friend is making it for beer (barb fittings will cost money)

RWD intake - friend is cut 'n' shutting it for beer

Exhaust manifold - $250

Pedal box, clutch hard line - $100

Braided clutch line, banjo bolt - $50

Clutch master cylinder - $60

Clutch slave cylinder - $30

Spigot bearing - $5

Probably another few hundred on EFI hose, bolts, coolant hoses, fittings etc.

And that's just to get the engine in and running, I've spent thousands upgrading other parts of the car like suspension and brakes. I'll probably have spent easy $5000-$6000 on the car by the time it's done/in a state I'm happy with.

Just thought I'd do mine out of my own interest....

4A-GE Small-port, RWD intake Loom, Ecu, Bigger radiator, Thermo Fan, T50 Gearbox, Clutch, Engine mounts, Gearbox mount-$400

(!!!DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!)

EFI pumps(main + lift)-$220

Surge Tank-$70

Engine/gearbox crossmember and AE71 shaft-$350

TRD copy extractors-$150

Hyrdo Clutch setup, CMC and hard-lines-$100ish

Chuck in a 100 or so for EFI hoses, clamps and random shit.

Moral of the story is:

If you want cheap Toyota parts buy it of someone with a Honda.

Feel free to quote me on that :thumbsup:

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo