How Many V6 Ke's Are Around?

Members dont see this ad

Well done on Reading half a thread and posting a stupid comment.

You even quoted the part where i said I wouldn't get it insured, so clearly I'm

Not going to do it.

Thanks rolla-Ken.

Just found a couple of threads about 4age's in them so I'll have a look and see what the go is.

ok I'll cop that on the chin mate,

The amount of money I have had to cough up to make mine legal, yet debating with police from time to time from the laws today back when mine was engineered 7 years ago,

Knee jerk reaction on my part perhaps but envisaging my frustrating also

• Upvote 2

i was thinking a ca18de in my ke55 hard top. parts seem to be everywhere for them.

i was reading the engineering side of it and i think with a brake upgrade and money. it would be similar to a 4age just not as sheepy.

however if it were a DET motor i'm pretty sure that's just not legal in brissy [at a guess]

i've heard of a ke10 getting stripped with a ca18 in it and shortened r31 LSD diff. any know if the ke55 and ke10 had the same width diff? and crossmember?

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/34bd158d-a671-4566-b3ca-7174f145875b/codeofpracticelightvehiclesreductionspart1.pdf page 29 for engine conversion 'law'.. facinating read.

ok I'll cop that on the chin mate,

The amount of money I have had to cough up to make mine legal, yet debating with police from time to time from the laws today back when mine was engineered 7 years ago,

Knee jerk reaction on my part perhaps but envisaging my frustrating also

i can see where your coming from, hence why i decided against the idea.

i was thinking a ca18de in my ke55 hard top. parts seem to be everywhere for them.

i was reading the engineering side of it and i think with a brake upgrade and money. it would be similar to a 4age just not as sheepy.

however if it were a DET motor i'm pretty sure that's just not legal in brissy [at a guess]

i've heard of a ke10 getting stripped with a ca18 in it and shortened r31 LSD diff. any know if the ke55 and ke10 had the same width diff? and crossmember?

http://www.tmr.qld.g...ctionspart1.pdf page 29 for engine conversion 'law'.. facinating read.

i had a quick think about putting in a sr20de but didnt think of the ca18.

might have to look into this too

thanks for that

$ wise VN motors are good.

I think its preferable to use something Japanese and aluminium.

If you use an alloy engine you could get by with minimal balance changes in the car. That would make for the ultimate KE me thinks.

There is a member on here with a 2grfe ae86. Thats where its at. :lovin:

And we come back to the same conclusion at the end of EVEY ʞ©$ɟING "Hey, I'm gonna put "XXXXXXXXX" engine in to "XXXX" Corolla" Thread.

"Put a 4AGE in it"

Well aren't we a bunch of original thinkers in here...

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Yep, phucking sheep.

I can understand the 4ag conversion cause everyone's done it or its in the build. So there's a lot of tech on it.

It'd be nice if someone could think outside the box for once. And not a sr20.

Suzuki ?

• Upvote 1

$ wise VN motors are good.

I think its preferable to use something Japanese and aluminium.

If you use an alloy engine you could get by with minimal balance changes in the car. That would make for the ultimate KE me thinks.

There is a member on here with a 2grfe ae86. Thats where its at. :lovin:

+1

Or a 1/2/3mz-fe which is also a Toyota aluminium V6.

You'd be able to get one easily/cheaply out of a 2000ish-2006ish Camry and they put out decent power.