Ke55 Race Car (Trolla)

jimi91

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Ok so alot !! I mean alot has happend since last update :P Been so busy been putting the car back together :D

Some pics i forgot to upload :P

post-10684-0-34927100-1361098979_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-85776800-1361098986_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-15618800-1361099059_thumb.jpg

So the motor went back together all sweat, dad did the upgrade for oil pump and the head cam up a treat as well :D

post-10684-0-19652900-1361099107_thumb.jpg

So once i was happy with the head etc we put it all back together!! Took a few nights to finish off :P Took longer cause i stuffed a new rear main :/ So had to get another one lol

Then I had to wait for my clutch to arrive :P But when it did i was straight into it!!! Got the new lightend flywheel on and the heavy duty clutch on as well :D

post-10684-0-81501100-1361099007_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-53130600-1361099029_thumb.jpg

Once that was done it was time to go in!!!

post-10684-0-75362600-1361099065_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-67162100-1361099071_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-03191100-1361099050_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-97269700-1361099076_thumb.jpg

So then the next night put it all in properly and then had to find the carbie :P Yes thats right she will only have a single downdraft for now till i can afford to tune the sidedafts :P Got it all half there

Did some more work and now it almost there!!! Just need to do tappets as dad did them and they are noisy ;) Once thats done will be able to go bed the rings in :D So pumped for this!!!!

post-10684-0-46945600-1361098971_thumb.jpg

So the first race is this weekend!! Cutting it close but i should be right i think lol :P If not will just wait for next race hahahha

Updates and stuff to come :D

See ya

Jimi

Ps. There is a vid of her running on the facey page ;) https://www.facebook...&type=2

Great to see another Ke55 Race Car!!

They are top fun and awesome at autocross and motokhanas!

Might need to get some engine tips off you at some stage.. :)

I'll be following this one pretty closely now. Hope your havin a blast!

Great to see another Ke55 Race Car!!

They are top fun and awesome at autocross and motokhanas!

Might need to get some engine tips off you at some stage.. :)

I'll be following this one pretty closely now. Hope your havin a blast!

Thanks mate :) yeah i love them so good!!!!

yeah for sure I'm only new to building motors on these :P But the Rollaclub wiki page is a big help!!! Also helps when ur dad has done a few ;)

Hope to see u in the bush sometime :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so alot has happend :P Had some fuel and carbie issues when trying to drive around and run motor in :/ Was happening when in high revs for a long time or going up hills

So found the fuel filter to have shit in it, which when going up hill was blocking the intake to the carbie and fuel pump, also the outlet of the fuel pump was smaller then normal size. So i went to the ballarat swap meet :P When i got home dad had chnged the fuel pump outlet. filter and cleaned the carbie up abit. Went for a drive and was shit loads better!!!!

Was stressing as the autocross was coming up so did some more driving and was happy with it :) Then came race day, First autcross for the year and first time with a better motor ;) So the day went awesome!!! Ran like a dream and took a little to get use to clutch and all the power!!!!

Still needs a tune and to drain oil and cooling system :P But I'm happy its finished and running :D Now to do shit loads of events lol

Heres a pic from weekend ;) Thanks to my mate Craig for pic :)

post-10684-0-96844700-1362297351_thumb.jpg

Vids to come ;)

See ya

Jimi

• 4 weeks later...

Update....

So ive been busy since last autocross competing in some rallys :P But dad gave me the keys or red key to his Rally car :D So about 3 weeks ago did a rally and went pretty good. Did have some issues but nothing to big and finished 6th outright out of 15 or so :P Was only an intro and first rally in dads car, pretty much the same as mine except 2TG and rally tyres :P

post-10684-0-87708700-1364452738_thumb.jpg

Anyway back to the trolla!! The weekend after that i went to Kyneton for the Vcas round, So i did some check overs etc etc and then made the trip up. So woke up at 5 and left my place around 5.30, arrived at the track around 7 or so. This gave me some time to unpack and check the track out as ive never run at Kyneton :P So once entry and all that was sorted it was time to race :D Unfortunitly because of the class i was in i was stuck with 1600 and 1800 :/ Add to that they had rally tyres!!! So from the start i was behind lol

So i got out there and went a bit easy to get a feel for the track, was a bit loose in parts (because they wet the track each run) but wasnt that bad :P Most my runs where better but not by much hahahha So on the last run i thought id put a show on across the line and pulled the handbrake on to go sideways past everyone hahahhaha Worked and looked great :D Once i was done headed off home.

post-10684-0-27921300-1364452587_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-00838400-1364452588_thumb.jpg

Me in the vest :P

So came Last weekend and i competed in another rally but back into dads :P The weekend went great!!! Had so much fun and didnt do that bad :P Results are unknown atm but did pretty well ahahh

post-10684-0-95347600-1364452950_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-36879500-1364452964_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-59207800-1364452975_thumb.jpg

So now comes this weekend!! I'm going up to Bendigo for the salesyard dash :P Will give the car its fisrt oil change since putting motor in and a coolant flush, do some little stuff then go have some fun ;) Hahah

post-10684-0-67119900-1364452679_thumb.jpg

Also got some goodies coming ;) Pics to come and plenty of vids to sort though :/ But will do my best lol

See ya

Jimi

Pics thanks to John Doutch, Paul Mollison and Mitch Garrad....

Shit, missed the Bendigo Sale Yards again.................. :(

Yep and what fun it was!!! I had a heap of fun!!

Pumped the rear tyres up to make it slide a bit better and that, First run went horrible as i went to clutch and handbrake around the top cone. When i released the clutch and tried to take of it almost stalled (carbie flooded) and when i did move a lot of clutch smell was there :/ So did the second run of the course. That went ok but still wasnt happy. Got back to the pits and checked everything, clutch was still working but felt a bit diff to before. I asked my mate who did the clutch for me (Bonded and riveted it) if i had stuffed it or not, he said i need to have it on or off not ride it. So i must of tried to relase it slowly and then the carbie played up and thats why it almost stalled.

So for all the other runs i just drove it a bit wide so i didnt have to handbrake it and do more damage to the car, i ran into some MASSIVE axle tramp in some course's :/ So backed of a little to stop it from ripping the diff out lol

All in all it was a great event and a great learning curve for me and the car :P It was my first time doing a bich Motorkhana so now i know what to do for next time ;)

On the last course i tried to rev it but it wasnt reving :/ It wouldnt go full throttle and was like chugging, so limped back to my mates and let it sit over night. This gave me some time to think it over etc, the next day i woke up and decided i needed to fix this before driving home. This was a must as theres some big hills going home :P So my mate and his dad came out to waist some time and help. We pulled the carbie apart and cleaned out, everything looked ok and nothing was clagged up. So next was to check timing, we then checked and it was on TDC!!! WTF!! The timing had moved from when i put the motor in. So set the timing and marked the dissy so i can check if it happens again. Went for a spin and it was all sweet now :D

So after that huge weekend lol i went for a drive on sat to werribee to see a mate, on the way i seen a TCCAV member with his mx5 on the trailer. I then found out there was a motorkhana on that day :o So went out to find my mate, couldnt find him so thought screw this I'm racing lol. So headed out to the track, when i got there they where just setting up for the practice run so the young guns could get the hang of it :P Got a couple of runs to make sure the car was still ok :P

So after a little bit some more people turned up and was almost time to race :P I then found out it was a twilight Motorkhana :D How awesome!!!! Lucky i had the LED bar on ;)

So we started!! I got into it and was doing ok until i i hit to poles on a reverse course :/ Dam it there goes a good time :P So all the other course's went good and was happy with them. Then came the time to wait till it was dark to start some more course's :D

Once it was dark enough we got out there, it was very hard to see with all the dust but the bar helped heaps!!! So went as fast as i was game and could see lol But did really well i think, also tied to not spin my wheels to much on course's where u came back on urself so i couldnt get lost :P This worked and the glow sticks on the poles helped as well ;)

So once we finished headed off home

Woke up the next morning(Sunday) and headed out to Avalon as there was a club motorkhana on :D Hahahah. So once i was there and all the briefing was done got out there and took some pics while waiting for my turn, then i was up. So i got out there and smashed it :D All my runs went well, until i hit 2 cones on a course :( I was a bit gutted but was having fun :P

So convinced to take some friends mum out and make her scream :P Well i did that, stalled and mashed that throttle lol We had a laugh but still didnt do to bad. So after that looked down and the temp gauge was up more then normal :/ So had a quick look for leaks, then went for a little drive to get some air through the car. This did the trick and she was happy now.

The event got cancelled early due to dust issues, so headed home. On the way i noticed the car was reving past 5!! Would go full throttle but start chugging sorta, but was fine under. Got home fine and then went to sort through pics and vids from past weekend and that.

Later that day the results for avalon came out....

I GOT 3RD OUTRIGHT!!!! Even with hitting the cones and stuff up on a course :D I was so happy and proud of myself :P

So now I'm back at work ive had a think about what the reving problem might be and what i need to do with the suspension :) I think the problem is dissy/ignition issue. Will also need to look into a tramp rod of some sort, a work mate recomended this and dad wants to try it out on mine to see if it will work on his :P

I have a bit of work ahead of me but its all little stuff really, plus plan to put the webbers on soon. Hopefully it wont take long to get tunned etc but if i can't do events I'm not to bothered :P I want it done lol Also need to look at stripping and replacing some items and putting a red key in. All can be done in time :P

post-10684-0-59445600-1365414715_thumb.jpg

See ya

Jimi

Also some pics i took from the dash are up ;)

More to come from this weekends events