How To Make A Lumpy Cam Less Obvious (License Restrictions)

you're going for your license and not getting the car rego'd if I read correct? The rules state the car you go for a test in just has to be registered and roadworthy with a normal handbrake and working lights etc. The vicroads guy aint going to care what it sounds like unless you're doing skids etc :P

Members dont see this ad
but i think i am going to put a stock carbie in to make it look that little bit less modified.

Sell the sidies and get a Weber 32/36 downdraught. It looks close enough to a stock Aisin carb but performs better, and you can fiddle the stock round aircleaner onto it.

any tips on how i should say i want them tuned?

Yeh. Tell them you want them tunded. There's only one way to tune them, aiming for the best AF ratio across all the rev range.

There's a difference between a big cam 'loping' at idle, and a crap tune. A big cam will still lope.

Advance timing at idle and run a heavier flywheel.

Yeh. Tell them you want them tunded. There's only one way to tune them, aiming for the best AF ratio across all the rev range.

There's a difference between a big cam 'loping' at idle, and a crap tune. A big cam will still lope.

Advance timing at idle and run a heavier flywheel.

Yep. Yep. And yep!!!!

Has anyone with twins noticed their lumpiness at idle increases as the carbs fall out of sync??

Happened maybe twice in the two years I had the su's on my 5k.

I pretty much had the same setup as "altezzaclub" I think my carbs were bigger though. When the sync between the two was right it idled like a STD 5k.

Another pertinent point; you can worry all you like about how it sounds at idle. But the loudest most unnerving thing you'll hear is those sidedrafts the first time you open them right up.

Forget exhaust noise; induction noise will have the coppers looking your way.

• Upvote 1