Is It True???

asirike20

I have two questions to aks......

please help me..

1. Does magnetic fuel savers really work???

2. This is the important question...

My engine misses sometimes... i have recently done a carb tune up...

I searched in the internet about this and found about engine de-carbonizing....

And also found that revving up the engine to higher RPM s for 4-5 times

will help to remove carbon inside the combustion chamber...

I did it and found that some black stuff came out of the tail pipe with water vapor.... does it mean that its removing carbon??

Also found about decarbonizing using water mist...... Is it safe??? And will it really work???

Members dont see this ad

1- I don't know, along with a few odd systems that you can buy but there doesn't seem to be a great acceptance of their efficacy. Does my masseuse's expensive magnetic field machine really tell you if you're allergic to wheat or have cancer....

2-Carbon won't usually cause any misfires, very little builds up in the combustion chamber of a post-1960s engine. Most of it ends up on the back of the valves and around the exhaust ports.

Reving the engine does blow a bit of the soot out, but as Jono said, the accelerator pump working when you boot it will give black soot as it momentarily runs rich. The carbon in the ports/valves won't be moved, it is more that you are making the carbon, not removing stuff that is there..

You can run water injection OK, it will raise the compression slightly and drop the combustion chamber temperature as the water turns to steam, but I think it really only makes a difference on 1950s motors or turbo mods where you want to avoid detonation. I ran it on a CA18 Skyline wagon I had for a couple of years with a faint improvement in fuel efficiency.

I don't know how good you local fuel is.. if its bad enough then it may be carboning up the engine, but the only way to tell is to take off the manifolds or the head. The usual symptom of carbon in the chamber is running on (or dieseling) when you turn the motor off, and/or a tendency to pink. If you have a KE70 with a fuel shut-off solenoid it won't run on, (that's what they were for!) and pinking really depends on fuel quality, so you are left with pulling bits off the motor to look inside.

• Upvote 1

Put some water into a spray bottle and set it to mist.

Open up the air cleaner and spray it into the carb gently while you rev it.

Put about a litre through this way.

It should be clean as a whistle inside there. A little water in the combustion is helpful, however if you get a lot of water in at once then you can hydraulically lock the motor and bend or break the internals. So just be gentle and patient while doing this, not too much at once, just let the carb suck in the vapour.

The main reason you would do this is if the car keep dieseling on after you turn it off.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
  • Upvote 1

Decoking is an old fashioned concept rendered unnecessary by modern fuels, oils and engine tolerances.

User TE27 was selling a magnetic fuel saver on here a while back, and I was seriously pissed to miss out on it! Badly wanted one as a 'period' mod on the KE15.

Edited by parrot
  • Upvote 1

ok thank you very much guys for your great help..... :yes:

as you said i have done the water injection method for a short time.. |blink|

i used, an old body spray bottle to inject water as a mist.. |blink|

and here's the results |blink|

first of all i revved up the engine for a while... and found this |blink|

DSC02523.jpg

then i did the water treatment....... it throw out some black stuff off the tail pipe with water... |blink|

DSC02524.jpg

here's the first and second time together

DSC02525.jpg

actually now i really feel a smooth idle and also quick throttle response..... :eatlead:

anyway thanks again for your help guys.... really appreciate that :yes: :yes:

found something called "seafoam" (engine decarbonizer)

but it's not in our local market :doh: