Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warning About Car Door Locks

Featured Replies

http://chrisinmaryville.net/warning-about-car-door-locks.html

 

Source: http://beforeitsnews.com

Warning About Car Door Locks

 

Hole Under Door Lock

Wednesday, I approached my truck from the passenger side to place

my computer bag (aka my man purse) in the front passenger seat.

As I reached to open the door I noticed there was a hole right

under my door handle.

My first thought was, “someone has shot my truck !”

I began to think about it and inspect it a little closer and

the “light” slowly began to come on.

I phoned my friend who owns a body shop and asked if he had any

vehicles with damage to the doors that looked like a bullet hole.

“Yes, I see it all the time. Thieves have a punch and place it

right under the door handle, knock a hole through, reach in and

unlock it, just as if they have a key. No alarms, broken glass,

or anything.”

I then placed a call to my insurance agent and explained it to

him. I was puzzled that they left my GPS and all other belongings.

Here is where it gets scary !

“Oh no, he said, they want the break-in to be so subtle that you

don’t even realize it. They look at your GPS to see where “home”

is. Or check your address from Insurance and Registration in your glove box.

Now, they know what you drive, go to your home, and if your vehicle isn’t

there they assume you aren’t and break into your home.”

He said they will even leave a purse or wallet and only take one

or two credit cards. By the time you realize there has been a

theft, they may have already had a couple of days or more to

use them.

(I didn’t realize my situation for two full days!)

They even give you the courtesy of re-locking your doors for you.

Periodically, walk around your car, especially after you park

in a shopping center or other large parking area.

Report thefts immediately….your bank w/missing check numbers,

your credit card agencies, police, and insurance companies, etc.

Below is picture of what the hole looks like.

Hole Under Door Lock

One would have to look pretty darn close to notice a hole like that. If the

hole was on the passenger side I would never see.

ATT00001.jpeg

yeah pretty much all aftermarket systems and alot of modern cars would sound an alarm as soon as the door is opened. Old corollas on the other hand......

Another community announcement by Altezza!

Edited by cuzzo

  • Author
Another community announcement by Altezza!

 

lol yes! I haven't got over having a couple of guys who worked for me demonstrate how to break into a car in 30seconds flat.. that was in the days before computers and internet, so it wasn't quite as subtle as this!

My old excel took less than that with packing tape, it's like they designed the lock buttons for that purpose :P

A quick explanation of how a lock works to my mate, who'd never done it before, and he got into a 90s laser in under a minute with a coat hanger.

 

If they want to get in they'll get in.

Edited by philbey

If someone wanted to know where you lived wouldn't it be easier to follow you home haha.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.