Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Largest Capcity Engine For Ke25 Corolla In Qld

Featured Replies

Dude, if your car is set up for a T series, go for it!! There are a couple for sale on gumtree in Perth dammit and I'm in Brisbane. They are cheap as chips, recenlty

rebuilt and will make a massive difference over the 3k. Jump on gumtree and grab one!! Forget the 12a.

 

How does the T series perform?? what sort of ower can you expect on N/A? my ke20 has the mounts and what not. It had an imported turbo celica motor in it before i brought it..saw the motor with my own eyes haha! i think its called a 3tgts or some shit...you guys no more :)

Edited by bigblue

  • Replies 32
  • Views 43.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Single cam engine in say a 1950cc stroked twin 45's or 48's built right should get about

140 at the treads i don't think any more. The twin cam version's head is a bit better flowing so should

see a few more ponys and rpm or a better range of power.

 

Ian

Where to find parts for the 3T? Cheers

  • Author

ok,

 

BRD or EuroExport for any 3t parts

 

BRD quoted USD$5500 for a 200hp 3tc with twin 45mm Webbers. 200hp is achieveable from both the 3TC & 2TGEU.

There was a fella by the name of Sean Maloney who used to build some serious 2TG engines.

 

Go down the turbo route as the Puerto Rican's do and hp is limitless. They have the 3TC's running 7's, if not 6's down

the 1/4 mile. The only limit I guess is money. Forged crank and piston kits can be bought for about $700.

 

Personally I think I will be going the 3TC option, taken out to 89mm bores. Plenty of durable valve train gear available

from both of those websites.

  • Author

Ian,

 

with drive train loss I think 140hp is pretty much on the money.

 

My old KE30 with 92hp at the wheels still scared a lot of standard v8s and turbos. It was a pretty quick car

for what it was.

 

140hp in a KE25 would be pretty damn quick in my eyes!

KE25_rolla,

 

As far a i know the limit for the single cam in N/A form is the head flow.

I have seen a 2t head ports milled and a straight stainless tube tig welded in.

Never got to see the end product.

I recon the out right flow would be good , but would only work flat out.. :-)

 

Ian.

  • Author

Might have to be turbo then - still all up in the air but lots more research to do at this stage.

I think the weight was 756kg for ke25 in the qld code of practice for heaviest model (auto) not including wagons.

Also careful with hybrid builds, you must use the later 2tg block as its a bolt in affair with the 3t crank and pistons.

Earlier blocks require some serious work with the die grinder inside to clearance the rotating assembly.

  • Author

Styler, thanks for the info. I could not find a confirmed weight for the KE25 anywhere. Lots of different versions out there but as to what QLD Transport go by, I am not too sure. How were you able to find that particular weight?

 

As for engines, I think I will stick to a modified 3TC as opposed to building a hybrid.

Without a turbo a 3tc is always going to be pushing crap uphill.

 

It really would take some big $$$ to get any sort of worthwhile power out of one.

 

With a turbo gains would be easy, and much cheaper.

  • Author

Without a turbo a 3tc is always going to be pushing crap uphill.

 

It really would take some big $$$ to get any sort of worthwhile power out of one.

 

With a turbo gains would be easy, and much cheaper.

 

Agreed and disagreed - Whilst a turbo will always be the better option for serious horsepower, its more than likely not the path I will go down. I want the angry grumpy sounds of the twins hanging off the head.

 

200hp 3tc n/a can be bought off the shelf ready to go for $5500 plus shipping. The costs involved of building a turbo engine would surely exceed this figure, however they may also have a turbo version available off the shelf.

Agreed and disagreed - Whilst a turbo will always be the better option for serious horsepower, its more than likely not the path I will go down. I want the angry grumpy sounds of the twins hanging off the head.

 

200hp 3tc n/a can be bought off the shelf ready to go for $5500 plus shipping. The costs involved of building a turbo engine would surely exceed this figure, however they may also have a turbo version available off the shelf.

 

In all honesty mate i would ask for a dyno hp card, just a gut feeling.

 

I know the induction sound of twins can't be beat. :-)

 

Ian.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.