Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

carbonboy

I'm guessing that since you were actually working on her car Colin, that she wasn't an ex at the time? ;) I was kind of relieved that the noise wasn't something clutch/gearbox related, I've done enough work on those in recent times, it's a nice change. I was also (stupidly) thinking about dropping in the 4A & worrying about brakes/suspension later, this has made that decision for me.

These stories of things you couldn't do if you tried are very reassuring that I'm not the only one to have stuffed up in a weird & much-later-amusing fashion. Almost seems like it's something you will do at some some stage, no matter how hard you try! :)

I am fortunate enough to have the use of my friend/landlord/housemates Celica while repairs happen, which hadn't been driven in so long I had to throw the battery on charge to start it & then put some fresh fuel in the tank so it didn't run like a three-legged donkey. If I didn't, yeah, it'd be a long, cold, painful bike ride to/from work again.

Members dont see this ad

:lol:

Not quite, the AE82 TC brakes I had stashed away for BT turned out to be useless, so I had to grab the ones from my old TC. Which basically locks me into an MRP/Wilwood upgrade for the project car, oh bugger, what a shame...

While I had the struts out, it would be silly not to put lowered springs in wouldn't it? ;)