Richard's Ke30

Granny Ke30

^Sorry but I just can't deal with people misusing the term "JDM".

Neither, but we all have to live with it, like Yolo and Swag.

#YoloSwagJDM

EDIT: Back OT very nice little ride, look forward to updates/details :)

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

That's a cool looking KE30! But I'm sorry to say it's not a JDM car and it never will be.

Actually you are wrong.

This Rolla is a York Motors IMPORT.... That means it was BUILT IN JAPAN FOR THE JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET and then imported to Australia.

It is about as JDM as it gets? The mirrors are genuine old school Toyota JAPANESE mirrors, with JDM SSR wheels which were imported from Japan for racing in JAPAN.

The term JDM has turned into a more colloquial term over the last few years; meaning that a car is styled to suit Japanese drift/street/racing culture. This Rolla ALSO meets this definition.

Edited by InSaNiTy

Should be enough :P

Future plans for it bro?

We probably should have a bit of a look at the rear leaves when we have a chance- for all those people thinking about flipping leaves it does work but it's really dodgy. The leaves spring in opposing directions and it looks quite worrying after 1000kms...

Rather than flipping the whole leaf pack try just flipping the second biggest leaf which will flatten the whole pack out ;)

I only flipped the biggest leaf and it pretty much dropped it on the bump stops, I'm hoping to get some high spring rate single leaves made up though eventually.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just read the whole thread again; simple, straight forward, lots of pics, details and humour!

Not bad bro! Might even motivate me to finish Grumpy's build thread (don't tell the wizard haha)! :P

Good save Richard ,will we see it at a motor khana any time soon?

rob

We should both cruise up together... the RT104 and the KE30! I'll dig out the calendar and try and talk him into it! :)

Good save Richard ,will we see it at a motor khana any time soon?

Blown motor I hear...

..and a replacement from a particularly dodgy and humourous source to get it back on the road...

..only to blow a driveshaft to bits being a clown..

There are a lot of updates to do, with videos even!

(and just FINISH Grumpy, never mind a thread! Last seen spitting petrol out after trying to siphon Grumpy dry...)