Ae82 And 92 Engine Options

Andy43

Hi

What engine options were there for the AE82 and AE 92 (4afe? and 4age ?)

What corollas came out with the 4age, So I can narrow my seach options on eBay (Sega ? CSX ?)

Can a 4afe be convertered to a 4age by swapping heads and EFI ect ect.

Thanks Heaps

Andy

Members dont see this ad

From wiki

Cars with 4AGE

AE82 engine in Aussie

AE92 engines in Aussie

• 4A-F — 1.6 L (1587 cc) I4, 16-valve DOHC, carb, 95 hp (67 kW) CS, CS Limited, CSX & Spirit
  • 4A-FE — 1.6 L (1587 cc) I4, 16-valve DOHC, FI, narrow valve angle, 102 hp (76 kW) XL, SR5, CSi, CSi Limited, Olympic Spirit
  • 4A-GE — 1.6 L (1587 cc) I4, 16-valve DOHC, FI, wide valve angle, 135 hp (100 kW) SX & GTi
  • 6A-FC — 1.4 L (1397 cc) I4, 16-valve DOHC, carb, narrow valve angle, 81 hp (60 kW) SE
  • 7A-FE — 1.8 L (1762 cc) I4, 16-valve DOHC, FI, narrow valve angle, 115 hp (85 kW) Seca RV & Seca Ultima

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Hi

What engine options were there for the AE82 and AE 92 (4afe? and 4age ?)

What corollas came out with the 4age, So I can narrow my seach options on eBay (Sega ? CSX ?)

Can a 4afe be convertered to a 4age by swapping heads and EFI ect ect.

Thanks Heaps

Andy

As far as the AE8x series:

AE80 came with the 2A-C

AE82 came with the 4A-C

AE82 Twin Cam came with the 4A-GE

Only the Hatch and Seca came in Twin Cam.

don't know the AE9x series well enough to be certain, but from memory the 4A-GE was an option on the CSi, so AE94's only.

Going from the differences in the head gaskets i do not think the heads are interchangable,

AE93 SX is a good car, has the 100kw smallport 4AGE, has a dash cluster with oil pressure and battery voltage guages, has a smaller leather steering wheel, bit better seats. And most of all you can get them for $1000-2000, just have to be patient sometimes

Must admit those ae92 GTi look great, However where not too fussed, about the model so AE93, would be fine, its for Speedway Junior Sedan build, The Kids will bent them, The current 1200cc class is going to be replaced with 1600 fuel injected, front wheel drive only, So the KE30's have got to go. And as engine mods will be limited to head shaving and camshaft, I'm figuring 4age is the go, we should be able to swap heads, So my current path is AE82 with small port head and manifold, however my learning curve in Corolla AExx has only just started so I'd be happy to listen to your advise So expect plenty of questions :-)

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the 4a series engines have all interchangeable parts with one another. The 4ac can even be swapped to twin cam head. I wouldnt doubt that the 4afe can be changed to the g head. I would probably worry about the piston vs valve angle hitting one another so switch to the pistons as well.

I thought the 4a series engines have all interchangeable parts with one another. The 4ac can even be swapped to twin cam head. I wouldnt doubt that the 4afe can be changed to the g head. I would probably worry about the piston vs valve angle hitting one another so switch to the pistons as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

the 4afc can pump out more power than a 4age with a weber carby, and sings at much high revs

Got dyno sheets to prove it? There's a bit of a history of people coming on here and claiming the sky is the limit for the 4AFC with simple carby mods, yet none ever back it up with solid evidence.

Actually, come to think of it, that was you....and you still haven't proven it

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Upvote 2