Trolley Jack Thread

rian

That stanford one is identical to the one in the pic on that trade tools site.

But the Stanfred one has a higher working load, a lower height and double the warranty of the Tradetools one. And it's cheaper for me to buy than a Tradetools one.

How much is that omega one you posted?

I'm not too sure about the Omega one, when I was searching the database at work I could only find part numbers and I was having trouble/didn't have the time to match all the part numbers to the different Omega jacks. I'd say it would be around $450-$500. It's the best looking jack I've ever seen and I want it so bad.

Members dont see this ad

Yeah I thought you could order in the better shit.

The Stanfred one looks pretty good but if you want jack off the crossmember it would foul on the beaver I would imagen because the length of the "lever arm" is pretty short.

I've always gone off tow hooks on this car because its literally the only thing jack can reach

That omega jack is freaking awesome but its costly.

You gotta pay to play hahaha

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Tradetools don't sell Omega stuff anymore unfortunately.

Ordered a Stanfred one in my store about a year ago, they're pretty good to deal with and the customer is a regular, said he was pretty damn happy with it! They're pricing seems decent too!

I wouldnt worry a whole lot about the height as like you said further down the jack usually hits before you reach the cross member. Make up some wooden low ramps and you wont have to worry about the jack height :)

Edited by Seventy

The Omega jack I want is not available in Australia.

FUUUUUUU Omega!

I was fully prepared to pay ~$500 for it too.

F it, I'm just getting a hefty 3 tonne mofo and a couple stacks of wood, none of that SCA shit because

tumblr_mfoniiVjsi1r7i3zoo1_500.gif

Edited by rian

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this jack turned out to be rubbish. Ever since I bought it it has been hard to let the jack down, it goes up fine but to bring it down you have to grip and twist the handle so hard that when the release valve does finally let go the whole car comes crashing down in a dangerous manner. Then today when I was about to take my car off stands, I put the jack under it, I jacked it up and then I couldn't let it down. It's like the release valve was jammed. So I had my car stuck up on the jack with no way to get it down, in the end I got a Stillson wrench on the end of the handle and struggled but managed to let it down.

I'm sending it back for a warranty claim, if I ever have to buy another jack I'm getting a brand name one.

For a jack I went at first got a cheap supercrap jack..Bought biggest they had was like 3T. Corolla was 600kg so did job FINE. But when jacking really heavy cars used to slowly sink DOWN...so it died after about a year.

So I was actually on the Snap on truck at work...4Ton trolley jack lowest setting was about 70mm lifted to over half a meter light as had the rapid pump was about 3 pumps from all down to all up with no load AND was in promo so got 2 free axle stands with jack for $400. Still workign love it. ALso when I bough this got me in comp to win a snap on massive rattle gun...AND I WON..lol so find a snap on truck do a deal if you ever have issues drop it back take another one and they had smaller jacks cheaper to so don't also have to spend $400 so migth be worth a look.

Cameron