Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Our 7k

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

god i love that motor, do you have some pics of the car its in?

 

Check the profile for my car (The Slothmobile) below, there is a couple in there. Will post some more pics up soon.

Very nice mate. That is making me want one. Love your car to.Keep up the good work.

  • 4 years later...

Did the sump on this motor need modifying

  • 2 months later...

It's running a 3k sump, seems to be the standard thing to do with the 7ks.

Yeah, my dad measured the angle and made up the extensions to make the bowls vertical.

 

Here are two pictures of it before (you can see the angle)

 

post-539-1277289932_thumb.jpg

post-539-1277289957_thumb.jpg

 

 

And other picture after

 

post-539-1277290052_thumb.jpg

 

Unfortunately I don't have any better pics at the moment of the engine bay after the extensions were added. You can see them a little in the picture.

This is awesome. Ive seen a few powerfull K engines, but this would haul ass. Stiff bottom end and a few pounds of boost perhaps?? :yes:

This is awesome. Ive seen a few powerfull K engines, but this would haul ass. Stiff bottom end and a few pounds of boost perhaps?? :yes:

 

Hehe, it only makes 58rwkw but it's still a lot of fun (especially with the car being so light).

 

I took it to Marulan Driver Training Center last year. Because of how light the car was I was able to keep up with (and almost get closer to) some of the bigger cars (Monaros etc) through the corners that were close together, but as soon as I hit the straights it showed it short legs (especially against a brand new R35 skyline, lol).

 

We were considering supercharging it. But when I was driving it regularly I never really had any issues. It had just the right amount of power to make it fun and drivable on the road, but not too much that I got myself in to trouble. These days the car is in a different state, and I drive it whenever I go back home as I've now got a 20v Silvertop AE86.

Thanks Sloth-

 

That's probably the only time someone has done that, so what you did will help the next person dropping a 7K in with SUs.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.