My 4agte Ke25 Project

mlaser

Bro, i'd change mechanics....not worth the hassle.

get someone as honest as possible who at least does what they say they'll do.

Just my 2c.

nah this mechanic is good, i've been dealing with him for like 8 years now, it was the previous mechanics darn up. The mechanic that has it now does tend to take his time with my stuff, but he charges me half price labour and all parts at cost so i can't complain when it takes a bit longer with him.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to hear about the setbacks! Those different engine numbers are a bit of an issue. Sounds like the mechanic has put in a 2tgte instead of a 4agte. What an idiot!! You must be rope-able.

yeah it would be nice for things to go smoothly but alas its never the case. On a brighter note the car is a bee's pee pee away from being finished. Some scratches on the paint is being touched up atm. Then the front and rear windscreen will be re-installed with new rubbers and then all thats left is tune......and then diff once its down here. Mate of mine had to drive the car from my mechanics to his workshop with no front or rear windscreen, he used one of those clear visor thingos for protecting your face when grinding as his windscreen. Would have looked rather amusing.

• 1 month later...

Hey All, just putting in an update.

Picked up car while up in Brisbane over the Christmas break. As usual not all the stuff that was meant to be done had been done but atleast I got to finally drive the car. Currently the car has not been properly tuned and only has a tune in there to get it running (RUNNING VERY RICH). Also car speedo and tacho haven't been hooked up so i didn't do alot of driving. Also cleared everything up with QLD transport. Car ended up costing more than i was hoping for (2k more than i was hoping for) but alot of stuff has been done.

Heres the list of the parts replaced/fitted to the car

-New clutch slave cylinder

-New turbo XS blow off valve

-Various Hoses

-3" 21 Spline Tail shaft

-Braided brake lines

-Clutch master cylinder over hauled

-Various Hose clamps

-VH44 Brake booster & brackets

-Various wiring switches, connectors etc

-New Air filter

-New exhaust, intercooler piping

-New hand brake cable (EXPENSIVE)

-New Accelerator cable

Still to do List

-Figure out how to get speedo and tacho working

-Full Tune

-Replace Diff

-pick up dash off raven who is no doubt sick of holding it for me :P (thanks for putting up with me raven)

I also took some picks of the car in the car park of the car transport place.

So car will be in adelaide by next week i hope and then i'll be sorting out the speedo, tacho and tune. Can't afford diff for a while so i'll just be waiting for it to snap ;)

post-91-1231227220_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227227_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227234_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227240_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227247_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227255_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227264_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227273_thumb.jpg

post-91-1231227279_thumb.jpg

looking good.

i guess it would be mixed emoitions for you at the moment about this build.

rest assured, wen it gets back to adelaide there are many good places to get more mods done.

maybe you should do some homework and try do a few things yaself?

always get much more satisfaction from doing it yourself :P

what will you do when it comes to rego'ing it in adelaide?

is it engineered in QLD?

regency will love you ;)

cheers, scott

looking good.

i guess it would be mixed emoitions for you at the moment about this build.

rest assured, wen it gets back to adelaide there are many good places to get more mods done.

maybe you should do some homework and try do a few things yaself?

always get much more satisfaction from doing it yourself :P

what will you do when it comes to rego'ing it in adelaide?

is it engineered in QLD?

regency will love you ;)

cheers, scott

Cheers scott,

I'm going to look at doing the gauge stuff myself, just a matter of figuring out what needs to be done. The situation as i know it (shady as it is) is that the w57 g/b is electronic while my original speedo is cable driven. So i can either get an electronic gauge, or get some sort of converter to change the electronic signal into a mechanical one (seems painful). The tacho i'm not sure whats the go there, i imagine it has something to do with the fact that the original 4k was a single coil and now i'm running a multi-coil so it would be very very very wrong. I've been told the easy fix is a new speedo and tacho

As for the tune, i haven't found anyone in SA (northside) that has tuned an adaptronic before. I did speak to a guy at Boostworx who said if i bring in the software he will have a look at it and let me know if he is willing to do it.

Rego in adelaide from the many conversations i've had with regency shouldnt be an issue. The car is engineered for QLD so i've been told all i have to do is rock up with the qld plates and rego sticker and they will give me new plates....fingers crossed.

Also i have to fix the bonnet release (it doesnt have one). Originally no-one in bris who had access to my car could find the front radiator crossmember so they used a piece of steel and welded brackets for the radiator and intercooler onto that. When i came up over christmas and emptied the boot amazingly the crossmember was there. So i need to first source a bonnet release cable and the latch mechanism (anyone got one i'll buy it off ya)

Edited by mlaser

the main reason i'm not expecting an issue is because the car isn't changing ownership. It was registered in qld in my g/f's name and will be staying in her name down here. STOP SCARING ME hehehe

and raven, i've been waiting for the car to come so i could show you the car at the same time, I'm also really lazy and sick and tired of being on late shift. so will catch up soon when the car is here and has a speedo :y:

goodluck with rego.........

Jono's old car (from NSW) which my mate bought hasnt been passed/rego'ed in SA yet and that has engineers paper too........

Regency are pricks, unfortunately i think you'll find that out the hard way

and raven, i've been waiting for the car to come so i could show you the car at the same time, I'm also really lazy and sick and tired of being on late shift. so will catch up soon when the car is here and has a speedo :y:

Regardless :y: It's been taking up room that has made me have to reorganise my room so I can fit it in there without it being damaged.

There have been several thoughts over the last few months of selling it to someone else and refunding your money because its been sitting there and not being picked up, believe me.

So a 6 pack of JD's and Cola would go down well for all my trouble :D

• 1 month later...

Heres a tip and the only one that will probally work, take it to sturt police station to do the check, get your

girlfreind to take it, I would even think about taking the turbo of or put some acl heatshield over it

Regency park won't let the car pass, engineering certs in other states are not covered here at all, never have been

and aren't worth the piece of paper they are written on

they will take one look at it and defect it if you go to regency

good luck

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

You said it needs a tune so assuming you have aftermarket ecu it will most probably have a simulated tacho output. As for the speedo drive should be able to rip the electronic sender out of the box and adapt a cable to work with it. (could be wrong never looked at a w57 but most stuff is of similar design)