Best Way To Take Out Motor

Kirill

Members dont see this ad

And if it seems to be stuck, instruct everyone to take 1 step back, and keep pumping the engine crane:P

Dave, I did that with my BA XR8 ute. No room for the box and motor to come out together so I got a hacksaw and cut the whole front of the car away and reefed it out haha.

But seriously go over the motor and make sure every hose and wire is diconnected and then do it again just to make sure :) Un-bolt the crossmembers and the enginge mounts and lift it. Make sure you lift it using the lifting spots on the motor otherwise you could have a bad time.

Make sure you drain the gearbox before it comes out, also don't forget about taking the shifter off aswel.

I like to leave the gear box in.

I slight twist on altezzaclub theme, I like to use a piece of string to tie the bellhousing to the firewall, then when to motor goes back it just bolt it up and cut the string.

Also you will find the dowel that locate's the bellhousing to the block has a habit of locating in the wrong hole, cause the motor has a tilt I always seem to get it wrong.