August 8, 201412 yr comment_686751 Hi all, again! I have been speaking with Tony at http://www.mako.com.au I am going to order a sway bar. The standard one is 19mm, the listing they have is for a 22mm as an upgrade, but I was thinking of maybe going to a 24mm. Tony has said this will be no problem, but does anyone have any recommendations for ke30 sway bar size? experience? I can't see a problem with the 24mm over the 22mm, It will be a lot stiffer but will that cause any problems? Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_686759 I run a custom 24mm front bar on my car, my car does see a lot of track time and hardly any road use. If your set on a 24mm bar I suggest you run a rear sway bar to help balance out the handling of the car, with out it you may experience understeer. If your just after a firmer ride, just go for some uprated coils and shocks on the front and add another leaf and better shocks on the back. If you want a more aggressive/race set up, do the above and then do the sway bars, in my experience they are usually the last thing to sort out once you decide on the handling characteristics you would like to achieve. Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_686768 They were fitted to KE55 coupes I believe. You'd want the diff too - for the brackets - and the two chassis brackets. Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_686772 All 55's not just coupes. You could probably sort something out for the diff mounts pretty easily with a u bolt flat plate and d plate. Just make sure you get the dropper bars on the chassis end of the bar too. Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_686774 I use these. http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/nowra/signature-swaybars-14177596-listing.html I got mine through my local Peders. Report
August 14, 201412 yr comment_687030 I used a whiteline sway bar for a bit - but also with the stiffer suspension, could feel the 'heavier' steering because of it... Report
August 15, 201412 yr comment_687053 Another option is to run twin bars on the front. Was given a kit (supposed to fit a Mazda) that mounted another bar under the original. Worked well, and was semi adjustable depending on where the brackets mounted. Report
September 3, 201412 yr Author comment_687902 Ended up ordering a 24mm from Mako.com.au, $295 delivered, now just waiting for it to show up, 3 weeks and waiting. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now