Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ali's Ground Up Ke25 Rebuild

Featured Replies

Yeah the problem is finding one. Ive been looking for one for about a year but nothing. Ive been thinking of making a mold and casting it from aluminum. I reakon the 3D printing might be the go. Basic dimensions could be take from a standard grille badge. Anways, I'm following this build so Ill see how your final ones turn out.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 404.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Long time no post.......2 business's and 2 small kids and buying the house will do that to your time and $$.....but....... KABLAM!!!!!! I've spent a bit of time working on my other Toyot

  • Few good updates.....My rear panel arrived and it looks like it's been a newish panel stitched on to a rustier car. It's been hacked off the back of the donor so thankfully all those rusty bits like t

  • For me the best option to get trough difficult spaces is sand blast. That is how i did my whole car. I had even removed door skins to clean in side. But do not blast of flat surfaces.

Posted Images

  • Author

from what i see, they're pretty similar to the fender badge - if I can find someone with a car around here that'll let me examine it I'll see what I can do.

Great work with the 3D badges. If they turn out to be durable then the possibilities are endless. Keep us informed.

  • Author

Great work with the 3D badges. If they turn out to be durable then the possibilities are endless. Keep us informed.

thanks! will do. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see the plastic chrome guy this week.....work has been crazy busy. They are surprisingly strong already, but I will add some reinforcing into the design and then possibly clear coat them after chroming.....should be great!

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Been a while, but stoked to finally have some progress....Stripped the last few bits off the shell.

post-20590-0-86913500-1436699157_thumb.png

This is the first time I've removed a diff, shocks, springs, steering etc to pretty stoked I got it all out with no broken parts :)

post-20590-0-66497000-1436699123_thumb.png

I also picked up my AE86 diff with 4.3 TRD LSD, a few spare lca's, a spare set of ke2x leaf spring mounts and.......a TE27 pedal box!! :)

 

AND regarding my 3d printed badges, I have finalised the prototypes and have found a way to get them completed with much better finish.......watch this space :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

so this made it's way into the garage today

post-20590-0-85375200-1442054901_thumb.jpg

 

also picked up a couple of engine stands i'm going to turn into a rotisserie

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Small update:

 

Borrowed some welding gear of my dad and had him show me how to use it.

Was hoping to pick up my steel for the rotisserie this weekend, but have to wait until monday, so I started modifying the stands.

Pretty stoked with how it's going considering this is the first time I have ever welded.......pics to come soon

  • Author

Small update:

 

My steel for the rotisserie wasn't ready on friday sad.png

I'm getting it dirt cheap and cut for free so I can't really complain.

 

So I did what I could with the engine stands, cutting off the front, welding up the joints and the castors, modifying the frame.

I'll cut the tops off, make them a bit taller and finish the mounting brackets this week hopefully.

Pretty pleased considering this is the first time i've done any welding. Good to be moving forward smile.png

 

post-20590-0-85643200-1443941226_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Would love to see some plans of how you are building it if possible

 

here's my rough plans - attached to the front via the bumper mounts, and the rear through the rear leaf spring mount (still with bush).

I have to raise the stands approx 12cm to get clearance when the chassis is on it's side - not needed on the back but I have to do the same so that it's all spinning on the same axis.

 

I'll let you know if it all goes to plan when I finish it, hopefully this week :)

 

post-20590-0-02062800-1444027956_thumb.jpgpost-20590-0-34665900-1444027968_thumb.jpgpost-20590-0-84225900-1444027979_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Forgot to add......

The farmer who my dad sold my original KE25 to, found this in his shed.........

post-18590-0-30834900-1444025479.jpg

The last surviving part of my first car!!

the rest is down a tomo sad.png

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

My steel finally arrived this week and I was able to find a few hours here and there to get started on the rotisserie.

post-20590-0-41664800-1445158594_thumb.jpgpost-20590-0-60793700-1445158604_thumb.jpg

I finished the front mount. The car has had a slight prang on the passenger side so when I bolted up the arm to the bumper mounts it was sticking out on a funny angle......lucky I had a few big metal bars lying around to straighten it up.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Between work and kids etc I finally got some shed time over the long weekend and made the other part of my rotisserie.

post-20590-0-87769400-1445904510_thumb.jpg

I've run out of sticks so once i pick up a few more and the new castors she'll be ready to go!

I had to modify it a little from my plans but nothing major. Looking forward to finishing it off this week hopefully.

Don't forget to put the forward-facing diagonal struts in, the ones in your drawings but not on the stands yet.

 

Make a bolt-on hoizontal from one stand to the other, right under the car. That will take tremendous stress off the verticals of the stands when you move the car around. The thing that will collapse a stand and drop the car will hardly be seen. A little bit of gravel against a wheel, a hole in the concrete, a 10mm nut you didn't notice...

  • Author

Don't forget to put the forward-facing diagonal struts in, the ones in your drawings but not on the stands yet.

 

Make a bolt-on hoizontal from one stand to the other, right under the car. That will take tremendous stress off the verticals of the stands when you move the car around. The thing that will collapse a stand and drop the car will hardly be seen. A little bit of gravel against a wheel, a hole in the concrete, a 10mm nut you didn't notice...

 

thanks for the tips, I need the help! :)

I have some more welding rods so will add the extra supports soon - I also have the steel to join the stands together too.

Do they really fall over that easy? collapse the stand? is that common without a joining bar between the stands?

That would be a pretty nasty thing to happen.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.