Carparks

smacko84

I watched a mate of mine repeatedly smash his door into all the passeger side panels of a Falcon that parked way too close once!! :) He was furious, so as he reversed out SLOWLY... !!bang bang bang bang!! Opening his drivers door HARD onto the Falcon no less than 20 times!!

It was violent, it was scary, and f@$k it did some damage!!

2 options in your situation Smacko...

1. Lay the boots in!! Do more damage than they did to yours!!

+ It'll make you feel justified for a little while

- Karma... It'll come back to you

- If some do-goody sees you, or the owner does... Your f@$ked.

2. Wait for them and do things properly

+ You will possibly get them to pay for it

+ You won't injur yourself smashing their car up

- Could be waiting a while...

- You could lose control, smash their knee-caps, steal their groceries, and bite the head off their child!!

Maybe thats just me... :S

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My black Corolla got a door opened on to it the other day. I thought I saw the bird in the car next to mine do it, so I jumped in my car and started following her. It was a coincidence that she was travelling in the same direction as me (except via a rather convoluted and overly long route).

The further I drove, the less I cared about it, and I ended up letting her go and not bothering to wait till she stopped and talk to her. It was good, because when I looked more closely I realised that it had been the car that had been parked next to mine before the woman's car. Plus, it was only a little bit of paint on my car, not some paint removed.

If I was in your situation I would have waited for the owner of the other car and calmly told them that I expected them to pay. If they made a fuss then I'd release the beast and yell and scream at them, but would never cause damage to their car (not even if it was a Daewoo!!!).

I watched a mate of mine repeatedly smash his door into all the passeger side panels of a Falcon that parked way too close once!! :) He was furious, so as he reversed out SLOWLY... !!bang bang bang bang!! Opening his drivers door HARD onto the Falcon no less than 20 times!!

It was violent, it was scary, and f@$k it did some damage!!

No offence mate - but your buddy's a f'cking wanker.

Even if you believe an eye-for-an-eye, his response was way outta line for someone simply parking too close. His minor inconvenience is in no way balanced by a coupla grand worth of panel damage. Not withstanding the myriad reasons why someone might actually park too close without malice.

2 options in your situation Smacko...

1. Lay the boots in!! Do more damage than they did to yours!!

+ It'll make you feel justified for a little while

- Karma... It'll come back to you

- If some do-goody sees you, or the owner does... Your f@$ked.

2. Wait for them and do things properly

+ You will possibly get them to pay for it

+ You won't injur yourself smashing their car up

- Could be waiting a while...

- You could lose control, smash their knee-caps, steal their groceries, and bite the head off their child!!

Maybe thats just me... :S

I'm sorry - but the only realistic options involve asking the driver of the other car to compensate you for the damage ... however you go about doing that.

1) ALWAYS take details of the other car

2) wait and speak to them if you can and think you're up to it

3) leave a note on their windshield if you can't wait or don't want to

4) take a coupla photos if you can

5) if you have insurance that covers this kind of incident - brilyint: take all that to your insurance company. If you don't, then you've chosen to accept the responsibility of chasing shit like this up yourself - in which case, you must wait, or report the incident to the police and see if they can help you locate the driver.

Really - the only time violence is an option is when you are threatened with violence.

anecdote:

I' so 'cking sick of crap drivers that tailgate - a coupla years ago a car sped up behind me and tailgated for a good half a kilometre as I decided to stick right on the speed limit and not let him get around me. Traffic was thick enough that there was no way he was getting past without me moving over. So self-righteous I was as he glared and gesticulated at me in my rear-view mirror - "another speeding/tailgating wanker" I thought ... "this'll teach him a lesson".

Until I noticed his passenger ... a woman sitting low in the seat clearly in pain/distress ... I didn't feel so 'cking smart then, and it just reminded me that our perceptions of other people's intentions/behaviours are not always accurate - so it pays to make sure our response is not likely to be improper.

Manners, politeness, good-sense ... call it what you like.

cheers,

Slapper

AMEN Slapper.

Had a women reverse into the liberty a few years ago. She was driving an old laser and the bumper ended up being smashed off, i thought cool no damage to the liberty so i wont bother about it, noticed a few weeks later there was damage but it was to late. The liberty is currently coverd in dint from shopping trolleys and car doors, which really pisses me off, it'd be a clean car otherwise.

*FIXED ENGRISH*

Edited by Clown

I had this old wanker throw his door open into my old falcon while i was parking it and i was still in the car...

So i got out and said "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

And his reply "You werent there a minute ago"

No f@$king shit i wasnt. Its a car PARK, you PARK your car in a CAR PARK and and the function of a CAR PARK is for car's to be left stationary for a period of time, hence the word PARKING your car.

But i don't think this f@$kwit understood it, excuse the french. :)

I agree. Twice my ma's brand new corolla has been hit and runilised at a shopping centre carpark. One we watched the bastard do it and drive away. But I suppose thats what you get when you live in the ghetto.

Even worse, we had a malicious attack on my ma's corolla, not for a car related argument, but because 'someone' had an argument with my old man, and thought that since his car wasn't really worth damaging (he drives round shitboxes) that my mums car was better off damaged. Luckily, his elbow didn't dent the panel crease, so we got it taken out with 'paintless dent removal' (people, this is the best thing. ever.).

Once I was out with a friend, and he had this dodgy friend that he used to steal shit with (i didn't approve of this people, don't look at me like a crim). He was bragging about how he was going to key a car (with a knife) today, i didn't believe him. Nevertheless, he knifed this persons car, after attempting to slash his tyres. Once I knew what he had done, I dropped him and went home, never spoke to the faggot again. I reccomend this action to anyone who witnesses something like this, not only you are helping out society, it feels good doing it too.

Hey AE35, we had that done to a XD that we just resprayed. Just. First trip to a shopping centre, the bastards in the car next to us open a door onto us. Bastards.

Another thing that pissed me off last week is watching some old ding trying to steal my corolla. Stupid bugger. Peered over the fence, asked him what he was doing. He walked off bloody quickly, went out gate and ran after him. What were you doing? Oh, can I buy car? f@$k Off.

Nuff said.

Dan.

Ahhh good ol car park war stories...

My brand new astra within 4 days of ownership it was dinted at southbank, I did do the wrong thing and smash my door into it as pay back.. made me feel better.. ....actually I still feel good about it :)

I've had cars hit the side of my car with the passenger side mirrors whilst trying to over take me on a curb; and no I wasn't driving as grandpa as usual, this was waiting at the lights!

However Karma got me when I reversed my car and hit my drivers mirror on a pillon at a shopping centre. I hope Karma gets the bitch who hit my car in a mad dash trying to get through traffic...

Wow, so many stories. I took the guys licence plate, car description, time, date and stuff but i was late for work and didnt have time to wait and didnt really know what to do actually. And being 5 foot nothing and also being a skinny 17yr old i wasnt so much inclined to wait around for them.

When got home and dad was like, why didnt you ring me i would have sat on the guys bonnet and waited for him.

I'm not sure what my insurance covers but the guy who painted me car is a panel beater and I'm sure he'll help me fix it.

No offence mate - but your buddy's a f'cking wanker.

Ah.. yeah, I will definately not disagree there. Over-reactive, and bad tempered. But karma has come and kicked him in the arse so many times... But I seem to be to be only one learning from his mistakes!! :) :S

I was only trying to make light of a situation that infuriates alot of us here at rollaclub, me included. ;)

Smacko... Don;t bite the heads off babies!! They'll give you cavaties, and make a nasty mess of your shirt!! :P