Carparks

smacko84

I'm not sure if anyone has bitched about this before, but it pissed me off so much i have to mention it.

Today i was at the shops and parked my car a short distance away as to not be on the recieving end of a stray trolley. And my worst fear since respraying my car was having someone openning their car door onto it or having a trolley roll into it.

Well it happened and i was pissed. I came back to find a slight dent and some paint missing off my rear drivers door, so i checked the car next to me. Sure enough he had white flecks on paint stuck onto the side of his door. As i am new to recieving vehicular damage i couldnt bring myself to lay a couple of knee's into his drivers door.

Upon arriving home though i noticed that the slight dent was actually a large indented line from just below the window down nearly to the bottom of the door.

If i had known that such damage had occured i think that would have tipped me off enough to cause the bastard some damage. I shall show no mercy to the next arsehole.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel, I bought a BRAND new car almost 12 months ago my wife drives it, it has a door dent in every single panel, it was reversed into 3 weeks after buying by a truck, Its also got a 3 cm long dent/scratch on the bonnet, god knows how that got there. Ive just given up, I will never buy another NEW car and I'm not ever going to spend heaps on body/paint work ever again.

People have no care/respect for other peoples property.

ive been so angry that if i had see the car that had done the damage i would have kicked their door in, even my wife was scared when ive seen some of the dents.

If i had known that such damage had occured i think that would have tipped me off enough to cause the bastard some damage. I shall show no mercy to the next arsehole.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Getting "revenge" isnt going to help the problem. Fact is that a massive percentage of insurance claims come from carpark damage. Its a fact...nothing much you can do about it, and f@$king with someone elses car is just moronic.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Getting "revenge" isnt going to help the problem. Fact is that a massive percentage of insurance claims come from carpark damage. Its a fact...nothing much you can do about it, and f@$king with someone elses car is just moronic.

This is true and i agree with what your saying. Its just so infuriating when i see someone display such a lack of care and disrespect for someone else's belongings.

go buy an old EH holden or something. they will damage their doors before yours. LOL.

when we had our EH, the place we lived at had a besa block shed. one day my missus stuffed up reversing and hit the door frame, she cracked the wall and only put a minor dent in the bumper. geez it made some noise. :)

we later sold that car to my brother. he rear ended a new magna, destroying it and writing it off. the EH was a bit battered and dented, but he drove it for another 18 months or so after without even touching it after the accident. didn't even break the headlight. :S it did crack the indicator lense though.

Yeah new cars have nothing on the old EH's. Dad and his mate restored one when i was growing up not that I'm old now but when i was younger, i heard so many stories about them writing off cars and only recieving minor or no damage. Solid things.

Me dad brought a hr prem that was involved in a smash with a beamer, the beamer was a write off and dad put another guard, bumper, grille and stonetray on the hr, Good as new no structual damage at all

Edited by Trev

did you not think to take his rego details and/or wait for him and tell him to pay for the repairs. taking photos would have been good too.

get even not mad :)

first rule. always take details: Time, Date, Place, Car, Rego, photo's etc if you think the offender is still there.

Edited by NiteP]-[yRe

did you not think to take his rego details and/or wait for him and tell him to pay for the repairs. taking photos would have been good too.

get even not mad :)

I think there's things like ammi comprehensive car insurance or something. If the the incident wasn't your fault, and you can get the details from the other car, like number plate, and the persons name, the insurance company can fix your car for you, and you don't have to worry about chasing the other person for the money. The insurance company chases them, and you don't have to pay for excess.

I had a mate who backed out of a carpark and hit a passing cars door (camry). It was only minor damage. He said that only a bit of paint from his car went on the other persons door. But the other driver got his details and went to ammi. ammi fixed it all up, and sent him the bill of over $700

labour=$240

paint=$520

The panel beater might of had to spray the whole door to get the colour right. If he does not pay, the debt collectors (tasmania collection service) will be on to him.

Thats f@#ked! A lot of people just don't have any respect for other peoples property! I was at a servo the other week. I didnt need any petrol so I parked right out the front of the store. I went inside to get some things and come to the counter and see this little shit probably no older than 10 climbing onto my bonnet outside! I run outside and yelled at him to get off my car. Now its not right but I thought he's only a little kid so didnt go off at him too bad. The little kid then starts crying and his mum who was inside the store the whole time comes out and starts abusing me cause I made the little bastard cry! What the....! She also saw him the whole time climbing on my car and didnt think anything of it! :) Anyway I hope its not gonna set ya back too much! I'm surprised that the person who hit your door didnt just get back in the car and park somewhere else! I would be taking photos on my phone, taking all details and probably waiting for the careless bastard to come back!