Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larger Battery Into Ke30

Featured Replies

I always like having a big battery in my cars. If you ever run into carby troubles you can easily flatten a small standard battery trying to start it, or if your alternator or wiring isn't fantastic then it can give you a bit of extra juice before you go flat. It's also handy for the times you build an engine and crank it without ignition to get oil through it.

 

I measured up the battery tray and room available in my KE30, went down to Autobarn and looked at what they had on the shelf.

 

I went from a standard MF43 battery (238Wx138Dx186H) with 360CCA to a SuperCharge MF52 (237Wx171Dx182H) with 650CCA. Fits perfectly with a new 7" battery clamp.

 

I started a new page on the wiki for batteries:

 

http://www.rollaclub..._Series/Battery

 

 

(inb4 someone criticises me for adding 4.5kg of sprung weight to the front of my car)

My KE35 used to run a truck battery. Used to get them for nothing :)

I know I'm going to sound retarded but whatever

 

How about doing what my mates Nissan Patrol does and use 2 batteries if you're fussy about one small battery

Bit hard to squeeze two batteries under the bonnet of a ke....

 

 

I think a good condition battery that fits, good condition correctly sized alternator wiring and a well maintained engine is alot better than trying to shoehorn in something that isnt supposed to be there.

 

No need to go overboard.

I've got a Supercharge 480CCA in the ke20. Purchase in September 2011. Only went flat once when the brake switch on the pedal broke and the tail lights were on all weekend.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.