Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

Not yet :(

I have been spending all my time fixing my mother in laws house, today sanding down floors... tomorrow sanding and painting...monday more painting..after work... tuesday moving stuff back into rooms after work wednesday....bah you get the idea lol

after that... two more houses to go and my rolla some where in there.... i have everything in the car ready to go tho

I put the new fuel filter on, replaced the spark plugs, degreased the thermostat housing sensor cluster and made a new gasket for it, couldn't think of anything else to try so I put the battery back in and cranked it over, .. it cranked but failed to start, and on each I could hear some funny hissing sound, so i go to investigate and note fuel around the injectors, found it was faulty line that went into fuel rail, no problem, so i thought I'll replace the fuel rail as the hose has some kind of special crimpling.

I undo near everything on the fuel rail and realised that i have to take the fuel filter line off too, so I'm doing it and BAM!!! next thing I know I can't see anything as the fuel filter contents are in my eyes and all over my face, so I make a run for inside basically blind, trying to find the tap to flush out my eyes I have grease and fuel all over my hands so when I do it's pointless as I'm making things worse, i make a dash for the shower and managed to flush my eyes out and get most of the fuel off me.

Eyes are still burning a little, I've packed up and going to go grab some lunch and have a good think from how to proceed from here.

:|

Changed the fuel rail, checked all the injectors, pulled off the intake pipe into turbo and cleaned it out, car still refuses to start, :glare:

Has fuel pressure (:rolls:) and air and spark... when it's cranking just before it starts there is a little "arcing" sound, what ever that is, I reckon that's why the cars not starting.

I remember I had the same problem on the starter and Justin tightened it up the bolts and it started first go.

Justin showed me a little trick by spraying WD40 down the intake, I did that and it nearly started, but then same problem as above.

Any ideas? I'm stumped now.