Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

my new car

Featured Replies

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to say ;HI' as I joined up after I acquired my new ride ,the Mighty '79 KE 55 Coupe....so I'll be asking questions,hope they don't sound too dumb for example....where do you buy that pinstripe? I gotta replace a piece ,(tried a piece of black tape but too dark,see pic) or is it best to replace the whole thing....next Seat covers? do all similar ones fit? say from Autobarn or specific ones the go....just going to make it stock      Thanks

P1180193.JPG

P1180195.JPG

P1180194.JPG

Neat ride she looks granny spec. That looks like the factory pinstripe. SCA sell an assortment of pinstripes in different widths and colours I would advise not pulling the old stuff off as it may take the paint with it. The paint underneath will more than likely be less faded as well. Probably a job for professionals if you have to. Over the counter seat covers fit there are plenty at the auto shops and on line.

Wow Neil, Absolutely beautiful !  What I find.  Where are all these granny spec. Rollas coming from ?  I had one exactly the same, but it went to Rolla Heaven, after severe cancer in the rear upper quarters, which is always an issue, when the car is pillarless.   I have a KE30 the same colour, but faded a little more than yours.

Looking at your third pic of the missing pinstrip, it doesn't appear that the paintwork where the missing strip is, is any darker or better condition than the exposed general paintwork.

I agree with Big G.  Don't rip the stripe off.  The stripe is tapered, so I'd get a pro to infill the missing bit, with some black strip cut to suit.  I presume your Rolla is stock standard, & has a 4K-C engine in it ?   Is it an auto or manual.   I put a 5K in mine with a 5 speed KE70 gearbox, & it was the best touring / cruising Rolla I've owned.  Very envious, as no doubt a few others on this forum will be.  Rollas in that condition are getting harder & harder to find.

 

Cheers Banjo

 

  • Author

Cool ' Granny Spec' that made me laugh....yeah wont be fittin a grey 202 init just yet....and found some 3mm strip at SuperCreep

 

  • Author

Ok you got me.....all I know it's a 1.2 litre? and auto 3 speed....It's got attitude as well just to impress me it  today....it spat the muffler off..Mac Muffler's at Geebung did a great job and.now it's real quiet with the gentle purring of the Tappets...

See a sign writer to replace the missing section of strip events. 

Very tidy coupe lucky buggar.

I agree with Colin sigh places will do it with quality vinyl

rob

  • Author

Hey, Fishoiled/spray greased the doors today,and in the process of replacing the plastic liners on the door frames....any idea what would be a good glue to attach them with? ,I was going to go with Silicone,any better ideas? (don't want to hard cement them on thats all.)

P1180239.JPG

P1180241.JPG

P1180245.JPG

Beautyful 55 you got there.    Butyl sealant stays soft - does the job

 

  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks very tidy and clean, nice ride, been looking at a couple ke35s and ke55s in Melbourne, what price did you buy this at then?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.