Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, somehow managed to qualify 9th yesterday out of 20 or so cars, but got knocked out in tandem battles due to my obvious lack of grunt, hahaha. Had a great day thou, so happy with how the car is set up, only a few things to change. Looking into working a K motor, bike carbs, big bump stick etc... a bit more grunt would see my entry speeds being up to par with some of the other cars and being able to link first and second corner at Symmons.

 

My poor little KE copped an absolute flogging, run after run, but it took every ounce of abuse I threw at it, could not have asked any more of it.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 100.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good form

get it out and get dirty :no2:

  • Author

Cheers to Jarrod for the photos.

 

driftrnd4065EDIT.jpg

driftrnd4061edit.jpg

driftrnd4063edit.jpg

Edited by Josho

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Made it to the last round of the tassie series and didn't manage to break anything! It was my first time at Baskerville, must say its a pretty fun track to drive, even with the 4K.

 

The car is resting in the garage now and I'm around halfway through a 4A conversion. The poor 4K that has copped 5+ years of abuse from me has now been retired and will find its way into the daily wags eventually.

 

Here's some pics from round 5, props to the photographers.

 

gallery_453_81_177633.jpg

gallery_453_81_129340.jpg

gallery_453_81_126098.jpg

gallery_453_81_25326.jpg

gallery_453_81_20390.jpg

gallery_453_81_106713.jpg

gallery_453_81_149342.jpg

gallery_453_81_48887.jpg

gallery_453_81_123453.jpg

Nice looking pics :yes:

 

Car must be copping a huge beating sliding in the dry with a 4k.

 

What are the plans for the 4a?

Nice work buddy. That looks like heaps of angle on the first pic. Turn one off the straight?

 

Sutton had a busy weekend by the looks of it then! Must see if he got some nice pics of me on Saturday.

Or was this last weekend?

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

Well, my KE is back on the road, rocking a twin DCOE weber 4AG, smallport bottom end with a bigport top end. In its untuned state it runs fairly rough but still goes well. It should have a tune by the end of the week then I'll get around to finishing the interior and a few other small things.

 

Pretty happy with it so far though it is blowing a little bit of smoke, could be due to the fact the bigport head lacks the drain on the back of the head to drain excess oil...

  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Well, nearly a year has passed and not much else has happened to this poor thing, currently in the process of fitting some R1 carbs to the 4AG, I will update this thread with some pictures next week. Manifold is about 90% complete, needs a couple of vacuum fittings. Started work on the plenum and ram air intake. Interested to see how it performs compared to my mate's 20 valve sprinter, even before I fit new cams.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Getting closer...

post-453-1283250771_thumb.jpg

Getting closer...

post-453-1283250771_thumb.jpg

 

 

Looking good mate! :jamie:

  • Author

Cheers dude!

 

I've modified the accel cable to fit the carbs. Really wish I could get a bigger wheel on the throttle linkage. As it is I'll have 25mm of cable between zero and full throttle. The pedal has 75mm worth of travel in it. Has anyone changed the pivot point of the pedal in a KE before?

 

I'm thinking I might adjust the cable so the pedal is as close to the wall at w.o.t as possible, maybe add a stop under the pedal to avoid stretching the accel cable.

 

After picking up a few bolts to bolt the manifold on I'll give it a run. I might even try and post a video. It will be interesting to see how this Hyperpak module goes as well!

  • Author

Thanks mate, the credit for the manifold goes to my old man, I should really post a picture on how it looks inside the runners before I bolt it up to the motor. It was a big task getting it onto the bigport head while keeping the flow smooth.

 

Can't wait to get back onto the track. It has been close to 2 years now.

Faaarrrrk yeah mate ! Nice clean car, love the top drift pic.

I'm also a fan of your new carb setup. :hmm:

Looks good. Something different.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.