Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corolla Database

Featured Replies

Owner: Mat

Username:rke_011

Location:Adelaide

Vehicle Name:Granny

Vehicle Model:KE10

Body Shape (# Doors):2 Door

Date Made: 1967

VIN: ke10-228467

Colour: white

Engine:original K currently on 72000miles (purchased of original owner)

 

 

post-873-0-93096700-1346033454_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Views 356.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Owner:Angela Bourke Username:nana_car_67 Location:Nambour Vehicle Name:Nana Car Vehicle Model:KE10 Body Shape (# Doors):2 door coupe Date Made: ???

VIN: 272747

Colour: White

Engine:1100

post-16069-0-83025600-1347088322_thumb.jpg

  • 1 year later...

Owner: Aaron Ibrahim

Username: AEI12R

Location: Blacktown

Vehicle Name: The Whore

Vehicle Model: Corolla Sportivo #69

Body Shape(# Doors): 4

Date Made: Feb 01

VIN: JT764AEB200054948

Colour: Aztec Gold

Engine: 7A-FE Turbo

 

 

 

post-19989-0-17636800-1399128245_thumb.jpg

  • 9 months later...

I have in my shed, an original KE55R Liftback, full import in 1976. Have searched the globe for another and all I find is KE50's. Yes, that's right, a KE55, not a 50, I'm a mechanic, I know what I'm looking at. All 2 tags plus body stamp state KE55. I notice frog55 is actually a 50, with KE55 only on the compliance plate. This does not make it a 55, so we'll done on your false advertising Frog.

 

And of those of you who choose not to believe me, well, all I can say is your gonna look stupid as when I put it in a show. Then you can't argue, also, this is not a chopped car, or rebirthed. This is original Toyota Japan production, and for me it's an honour to own this awsome little 5 speed.

I have in my shed, an original KE55R Liftback, full import in 1976. Have searched the globe for another and all I find is KE50's. Yes, that's right, a KE55, not a 50, I'm a mechanic, I know what I'm looking at. All 2 tags plus body stamp state KE55. I notice frog55 is actually a 50, with KE55 only on the compliance plate. This does not make it a 55, so we'll done on your false advertising Frog.

 

And of those of you who choose not to believe me, well, all I can say is your gonna look stupid as when I put it in a show. Then you can't argue, also, this is not a chopped car, or rebirthed. This is original Toyota Japan production, and for me it's an honour to own this awsome little 5 speed.

... well done :wtf:

You're a muppet mate

My understanding is that the early liftbacks were KE50 and the later liftbacks were KE55. No real mystery there.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

My understanding is that the early liftbacks were KE50 and the later liftbacks were KE55. No real mystery there.

 

As far as I am aware, the early liftbacks were 50's and the late ones were 55's.

And also as far as I am aware (and I have original toyota documents/pamphlets which include details) - they only started the Liftback in 77...

So if yours is Stamp Dated 76 True KE55 Liftback, maybe the compliance plate is wrong?

Can you post pics??

I'll post pics of mine as well :)

 

Cheers!!

AMI was always bringing in evaluation and press cars (I have a Wheels magazine with an article on an Australian registered 2TG TE37 Levin) so I see no reason why early evaluation cars that may be stamped "whatever" wouldn't eventually make it onto the second hand market.

Can't wait to get to this show and see the "focal point".........

 

LOL ... one of those "how many people you can fit into a mini.."

But in this case it's: "How many people can you crowd around a compliance plate"

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.