Vehicle Model: Corolla Sportivo #69

Body Shape(# Doors): 4

Date Made: Feb 01

VIN: JT764AEB200054948

Colour: Aztec Gold

Engine: 7A-FE Turbo

post-19989-0-17636800-1399128245_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I have in my shed, an original KE55R Liftback, full import in 1976. Have searched the globe for another and all I find is KE50's. Yes, that's right, a KE55, not a 50, I'm a mechanic, I know what I'm looking at. All 2 tags plus body stamp state KE55. I notice frog55 is actually a 50, with KE55 only on the compliance plate. This does not make it a 55, so we'll done on your false advertising Frog.

And of those of you who choose not to believe me, well, all I can say is your gonna look stupid as when I put it in a show. Then you can't argue, also, this is not a chopped car, or rebirthed. This is original Toyota Japan production, and for me it's an honour to own this awsome little 5 speed.

I have in my shed, an original KE55R Liftback, full import in 1976. Have searched the globe for another and all I find is KE50's. Yes, that's right, a KE55, not a 50, I'm a mechanic, I know what I'm looking at. All 2 tags plus body stamp state KE55. I notice frog55 is actually a 50, with KE55 only on the compliance plate. This does not make it a 55, so we'll done on your false advertising Frog.

And of those of you who choose not to believe me, well, all I can say is your gonna look stupid as when I put it in a show. Then you can't argue, also, this is not a chopped car, or rebirthed. This is original Toyota Japan production, and for me it's an honour to own this awsome little 5 speed.

... well done :wtf:

My understanding is that the early liftbacks were KE50 and the later liftbacks were KE55. No real mystery there.

As far as I am aware, the early liftbacks were 50's and the late ones were 55's.

And also as far as I am aware (and I have original toyota documents/pamphlets which include details) - they only started the Liftback in 77...

So if yours is Stamp Dated 76 True KE55 Liftback, maybe the compliance plate is wrong?

Can you post pics??

I'll post pics of mine as well :)

Cheers!!