4age 16v Or 20v For Drift Ke70???????

DRFT_ROLLA

I'm BUILDING A KE70 ROLLA SO FAR ITS GOT T18 LOCKER DIFF ,SIGMA LOWER CONTROL ARMS . WORKED 5K WITH A WEBBER ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP CAMS AND SO ON . BUT IT NEEDS MORE POWER .HEAPS MORE ! I WANT A 4AGE BUT don't KNOW WHAT ONE CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON WHAT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR DRIFTING

post-1766-1150197646_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

From what I have seen 20v's seem easier to find and in a lot of cases cheaper than a 16v's. 16v's are getting old now and harder to find one with low ks. It all depends on how much ya wanna spend essentially. Do you wanna keep stock ecu or go aftermarket, turbo/supercharger/both or naturally aspirated? Motor straight in off the shelf or rebuilt with goodies first?

EDIT: I like the plates as well.... nice...

Edited by rolla_4

the sigma lower control arms you use? do they fit striaght in or require mods? how much longer than standard ke70 arms are they?

YEAH ITS EASY TO CHANGE THE ARMS THEY GO STROUGHT IN AND YOU GET 16 D NEG CAMBER

post-1766-1150371679_thumb.jpg

Edited by DRFT_ROLLA

The torque also comes on higher earlier in the 16v than the 20v (apparently). Torque is your friend for drifting. Also, if you think there's even the slightest possibility of going for a turbo later, I'd consider the option of buying a 4A-GZE straight up and converting to turbo later, as the GZE is the best base for 4A-GTE. A 20v is reputedly not as good as a bigport 16v when it comes to forced induction.

YEAH ITS EASY TO CHANGE THE ARMS THEY GO STROUGHT IN AND YOU GET 16 D NEG CAMBER

Cool... thanks man. now to hunt down some arms :jealous:

and about the motor i'd use a 4agze with custom ex manifold and turbo with aftermarket computer and you'll have plenty of power for drifting.. or you could go all out and put a 3sgte in there *drool*

and you should use a W series box so you don't have to worry about it spitting the dummy :D

with the 1pc sigma arms on a ke70 you get about 3* negative with a neutral setting on the camber tops. the towers are further apart on a ke than an ae86. hence less camber.

if you can get a good small port package (with ecu ect) 16v is very worth doing. they are a little hard to track down though yes.

i toally agree with the comment 20vs are easier to come by and well priced compared to 16vs. but there is added expense in making them rwd, plus the intake once you get around to doing it properly is more expensive.

also management is somewhat of an issue. i personally wouldnt run factory ST management.. air box plus afm is a little tricky and always ends up ruining the aesthetics.

get a 4ac man, there was another fella on here drifting with one and he even turbo'd it, they cost next to nothing and there is a never ending supply of them out there so it doesnt matter if you kill a few,

u could even pu8t ur twin carbies on the 4ac for a bit more grunt

cheers