Guess What Car This Is

ancullen

Funny that it made you think of the Stratos, considering the Stratos has a Ferrari V6 in it as opposed to a Lanica V4

Oops, you are correct. Initially it was planned to use the Fulvia, but then a V6 version was decided upon. Ferrari made a bit of a fuss and there was almost a time when the 4.7L Maserati Bora V8 was going to be used (how fast would that have been!?!?!) and the Fiat 132 drivetrain was briefly considered. But you are right, it used the Dino 2.4L V6 (as opposed to the 2.0L version).

As for the red car, it's a BMW 700.

post-397-1150513581.jpg

Here's one for the Americans.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

urgghhhh, Edsel *shudders*

Well, to be more specific, '58 Edsel Pacer

Next one (not that hard to get if you're familiar with the company's other works, but it's a very weird car nonetheless)

(and no cheating by looking at the image title, I couldn't be bothered changing it)

rinspeedbedouin200305m0wq.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Oops, you are correct. Initially it was planned to use the Fulvia, but then a V6 version was decided upon. Ferrari made a bit of a fuss and there was almost a time when the 4.7L Maserati Bora V8 was going to be used (how fast would that have been!?!?!) and the Fiat 132 drivetrain was briefly considered. But you are right, it used the Dino 2.4L V6 (as opposed to the 2.0L version).

As for the red car, it's a BMW 700.

post-397-1150513581.jpg

Here's one for the Americans.

"not the edsel u didnt cut up the edsel" :jealous: gotta love herbie :D

Edited by MYSTIK

What's with posting two different cars? Only one at a time thanks.

Buggered if I can work out what the white one is.

The red one made me think of a Lancia, and looks a bit like a Lancia Beta, except the grille is wrong. I had to cheat a little to find out what it is, but we only want one car going at a time. It's a Fiat 128 (I knew I'd seen one before). This makes sense as I'm pretty sure Lancia and Fiat were model sharing at the time, so the Beta and 128 would have been very similar.

oops sorry, could'nt decide which one to post first so I though bugger it and posted both!! :)

the orange one is a fiat 128, but there are about 4 different types of 128's!!!

I'll put a rear end shot up in a sec and that'll make it easy as. :lolcry:

hint with the first one, I'm a big mazda fan, so despite its "european" look its actually a mazda!!!

ok, i'll let the fiat go.... its propper name is a 128 3P, the other 128's being sedan, 2 door sedans, and 128 sport L, which has the front end of a 3P but a more coupe back end.......

128sl.jpg

the last of the clues on the mazda is that it is the first and only FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ROTARY that mazda ever made. a quick google search will get you an answer with that info. :)

does very much have a 1500/1800 looking front end though, you got that much right james.