1zz-fe Into Te72?

Kendoro

Members dont see this ad

i don't think anyone in here has a genuine Te27, let alone wanting to customize / cut one up one and put a 1ZZ of all things into it..

So, anwser to your question as i can see it would be no, besides, the new corolla is FWD...

i don't think anyone in here has a genuine Te72, let alone wanting to customize / cut one up one and put a 1ZZ of all things into it..

So, anwser to your question as i can see it would be no, besides, the new corolla is FWD...

I figured as much. The car and engine are both free to me so I had to at least ask. Now I have to start looking at the various Te72 conversions and pick which way to go.

the motor in my ke20 is from a front wheel drive (yes the block design was first used as RWD) but people in california are putting FWD VTEC engines in there ke20's - anything is possible, some things are easier than others. :)

who says dyslexia isn't funny?

Edited by JC807

the motor in my ke20 is from a front wheel drive (yes the block design was first used as RWD) but people in california are putting FWD VTEC engines in there ke20's - anything is possible, some things are easier than others. :)

haha Teddy just reads it how he wants it to be read. TE27s are sexy. Thats not to say TE72s don't have their charm.

I think your main concern would be with the gearbox bellhousing. Youre going to be breaking alot of ground and at the end of the day I think you`d be happier with a 20v 4A-GE or something along those lines.

I see alot of people trying to do engine conversions just because theyve got easy access to a particular engine. This IMO is not the way to do engine conversions. Ive tried to plan them like that myself but they never eventuate. On the other hand I planned my Silvias conversion, looked at a few engine options (CA18DET, SR20, RB20, RB25) and chose the one that best suited my wants and needs and not because I could pick one up easily (infact I think it took me a while to find the engine I wanted).

Werent the ZZ engines a FWD only?? That is, the block won't mount up to a rwd box, unlike fWD A-series engines...

Well, technically they were RWD as well, but only when mid-mounted (aka in the ZZW30 MR2). Better to say that they were transverse engines only, as opposed to longitudinal (there have been some longitudinal FWD cars, but as far as I know no RWD transverse front-mounted cars)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Wouldn't finding a gearbox for a motor that spins anti-clockwise, like a honda vtec, make things a difficult. But then again 5 reverse gears :(

About the only hard thing i could really see with doing either the 1zz or 2zz would getting a custom bellhousing made up.