Rol-ske

ScottKE1X

I've been meaning to put this up for months (since Australia Day)

I had a BBQ at mine for Aus Day/JJJ hottest 100. Imagine; Snags, nice sunny day, 14m water slide

and some cold drinks straight from a ke70 Rolla Esky!

I started with a wreck I got for nix a few years back, cut it in half...

Before%20Front.jpg

Before%20Back.jpg

I then Grabbed a diff from a ke30 and welded it directly to the Chassis rails, got rid of the

bump stops, no need for them.

Painted it in Australian colours (can job + 20mins = dodgey job) but on strict time schedule.

Filled it out with 140mm thick Industrial insulation used in cool rooms, and a Stainless steel floor.

Covered all the sharps with rubber, left the seats and part of the roof on for a relaxing place to sit,

in the shade, wheeled it round the back and this is it!

Full%20of%20Drinks.jpg

Half full of drinks

Me%20and%20eksy.jpg

Me, dressed for the day with my esky

Getting%20Use.jpg

Success!

Held a 100+ drinks and around 5 bags of ice. the ice stayed frozen right through till the next day.

Named it the ROL-SKE (read as Rol-s-ke = rolla esky) I was tempted to get plates!

Oh, and I only had around 5hrs to built it and very very little cash, hence the dodgey job but it worked a treat. ;)

Cheers!

Scott.

Edited by ROL-110

Members dont see this ad
i like that. ;) she needs a bit more dish though...

you need to do another one to park beside it with a BBQ in the back. :jamie:

Nuh, use the front end for the barbie and find a way to join the two halves back up with hinges, so to the unsuspecting eye it's just a bomb with most of the interior stripped....thats when you open her up for all to see

That is a very good idea. If we didn't live in a house that has little to no yard, I'd consider it.

You should use the rest of the car, turn the front seats around, put a table of sorts in the middle and turn the bonnet into a barbey.

Edited by Andrew Ryan

i reckon you need to cut and shut a frontend onto the boot and have both in one unit. esky oneside, BBQ the other. a dodgy pic would explain better.

barbske:

Ha! I like this Doug, bee alot of work tho.

I got the stainless for free, my bro picked it up from a worksite scap pile for me ;) same for the

insulation.

My only costs were:

angle grinder blades

Cheap paint

Arc welding rods

And a few hours work.

I've actually got a front ended ke10 here with a good back I'm umming and arring about at the moment.

better than scrapping it.

I'd love to do a mk1 cortina one, real nice like.

Cheers for the comments,

Scott.

• 2 months later...