nisskid

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Billie (our 55) has effectively got a straight through exhaust, just a huge-ass cannon on the back that I think does SFA to lowering the sound. Gave me quite a shock when I stuck my head under there and just saw a long unbroken pipe running straight from the exhaust manifold to the back of the car. The guy I bought it off said he did it as practice for a project he was working on, and everything has held up fine (plus it passed rego, although I doubt the EPA would like it).

As for performance gain, wouldn't have a clue as I haven't driven the car with a stock exhaust, but considering the minimal amount of power in a K series anyway, and the big restriction of the 8V non-crossflow head, I seriously doubt there is a lot of power locked away in the exhaust

so maybe jsut straight through from midway, so keep the cat and just take replace it after it loops over the axle just before the muffler? my mate just got a 84 corrolla and took the exhaust straight off and they rekon the performance increase is amazing, would be a different engine i guess.

don't get performance gain and noise gain mixed up. If its faster against a stopwatch them good luck to you.

Running events straight out of the engine pipe (don't ask) did not seem to improve anything either.

Best system I had was a set of 4-1 extractors, a 2" pipe that went under the diff housing into a 2nd hand muffler with a 3" pipe welded to it :lock_folder:

That gets people scratching their heads about whats in it. Lost count of the "how does the rotary go?" comments

I'm only intersted in doing my exhaust to achieve a certain sound I'm chasing..

you know how some exhausts have a bit of a "bubble" (probably the wrong word for it) as they go up the revs?

i originally thought it was a cannon that did this, but all that does it make it loud, and much

deeper than i want it to be....how do i get that bubble?