Nicks Ke30 V6 Project

NickZ

Yes another thread by me. But as the topic says I'm building a V6 commodore powered rolla that seems to be popular on these forums lately.

post-103-1172050204_thumb.jpg

This is my old rolla i sold to another member so I'm going to recycle the photos as the new one i bought is the same. Yes thats right it red and has the same white stripe down the side.It is a twin, just doesnt have the hub caps.

But i will take some of my own soon.

Now i bought this today

post-103-1172050301_thumb.jpg

its a manual car, but no gearbox :P but has all the other mechanical parts.

So ill be pulling out the motor, wiring, ECU and everything else that can come off this thing.

Edited by NickZ

Members dont see this ad

Just for those that don't know what a commodore v6 looks like out of a car.

post-103-1172050446_thumb.jpg

Seperated the engine ecu wiring from the car electrical system before removing the engine and made the nessasary connections to run the engine, only needed 3 external wires from the ecu loom to make it run. Was very easy to do.

Edited by NickZ

The 3.8 V6 in the VS commodore is called the ecotec it makes more power it is a lot different to the old VN/VR 3.8 you have

arnt the ecotec motors alot more complicated.i have a uncle that has a police chip for a vn that he might part with for the right price, makes a shit load of difference.makes a 5 speed vn top out speedo off the clock tacho getting close to goin off. :P

ok well how about this, I bought the vn for $300, may not have bought something later model at that price. But i also think that this engine will produce enough power for me to play with.

Later i was thinking of putting one of the microtech ECU i have kicking around, but ill have to piggy back it of the standard ecu so it can still run the coil packs, ill just have fuel control.