Nicks Ke30 V6 Project

NickZ

Members dont see this ad

Wrong.. VN and series 1 VP were the only ones to use the Buick 3.8, Series 2 VP to VY used the Ecotec motor (in many different guises). They are reasonably good motors.. if you ever look into upgrading to an Ecotec, VR is the best model to get (from what I know, VR's were the most powerful Ecotecs).

I'm sorry to put my 2 cents in but that is also wrong. :)

the 3.8 litre v6 motor is like this sr1 in the vn with the choclat block as the coil then you have the sr2 vn and the vp then you get the vr and sr1 vs then the sr2 vs ,vt, vx, and vy have the ecotec motor they were all buick including the ecotec. then holden bought out there own motor in the vy as the 3.4 v6 :(

sorry to add my 2 cents in just want the right information put forward :dance:

but on a diiferent note this car will have a good power to weight ratio :)

youll find when you chuck donute the car will spin fast and then drift backwards awsome sensation :yes:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I used a W58 gearbox and the tail shaft was a standard ke30, ill i did was change the yoke to fit the w58.

Wiring was easy for me, bit hard to explain on a forum.

hahaha yeah was looking through another thread and realised that i had another question. yeah with the wiring u said u cut it down so u could wire it upto the corolla wiring, just need to know how and what to cut, send me a pm if ya want

^^

also interested in this question, not expecting a full how to, but wondering if its a separate engine loom, or does it tie into the body loom a heap?

You can buy a full aftermarket conversion loom for $450, in your opinion would you bother, or diy.

Also how did you remove the BCM problem?

Any tips or info you can give, did you just get the commo wiring diagram, and go from there?

Not interested for a rolla, but same applys.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

the loom is easy to seperate, under dash has one plug of about 6 wires and drivers side front engine bay has relay box and fueses, i get rid of all the fues and relay stuff, Orange with black line is power on ignition, reds are battery, you neeed the red on the coil pack and red for the common on the injectors to a relay connected to the battery to power on when the car is switched on, Pink on the ECU needs Ignition Power on. green white is a negitive switch for the fuel pump relay, purple goes to the starter switch.

this is for VN and this is enough to get it running.

VN and i think VP don't have a BCM as there is no security to bypass on the ECU. ill add more as i remember.

I wouldnt waste my $450 on a loom

Edited by NickZ

Interesting. Thanks for the info, you have a good memory.

i think i will give it a crack, i can't use a vn engine as i am keen on using the factory charged one.

I have tracked down a well priced chip to take care of the bcm, interesting that the vn didnt have one.

Perhaps a vn computer with piggyback is another more adjustable option.

Will be 6 months before i attack this, but am gathering as much info as possible, so if you think of any other electrical stuff let us know.

Cheers for the info!

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

hey guys i've just currently started my build its a ke30 2 door and I'm putting the ecotec v6 in it with an auto behind it just wondering if anyone has actually put one of the ecotecs in because ive been looking everywhere and havent seen anyone that has done it yet. the worst past being so far is the whole bcm and the computer controlled tranny, if anyone could shed some light on what I'm getting myself into that would be great as this is my first ever build of anything.

cheers