Nicks Ke30 V6 Project

NickZ

Members dont see this ad

Correct,....and very leniant. I went past a cop a couple of weeks ago with the rolla venting nearly 20psi from the BOV (which is bloody loud). I was looking in the rear view mirror, but they didn't look twice. ;)

Oh and yes, nicks rolla is registered, but probably just with a k.

its registered as a 3k, nick and i have had this discussion before they will only want a look if hes been court doing donuts, burnouts, street racing etc first. Just a normal breatho they don't want a look. However according to nick if they do want a look his bonnet release cable will be broken ;) lol

That would just cause another defect though! :bash:

what if he had a fire under the bonnet!! how's he supposed to put it out??

Honestly I think he might be more liable for a defect on the bonnet latch, rather than the v6!! ;)

true meh not my car not my problem! if he'd put a 3sgte or a sr20det in it the cops would just think its std but a commodore engine or some sort of v8 hes rooted lol

edit: lol good old tasmania :bash: if it was me id just slip him a 25'a to keep it quiet ;) haha FTP!

Edited by HEKTIC

No its not regoed as a v6, but id really be lucky to drive it 10km once a week I drive it to work saturdays and home again, I live very close to my work so i walk through the week and parking is free for me saturday, infact ive started it last weekend and moved it in the driveway for the first time in 3 weeks, Remember it also has a full exhaust with 2 mufflers and normaly you can't even hear it.

Id have more chance of them checking the sliver 20v rolla, wide wheels, noisy exhaust, stripped interior, Harnesses, Decals, Black Tinted windows and it would be more defectable ;)

Its all in the way you drive on the street.

But if your doing bad things youll attract attention and get caught.

Its now got the front end pulled out of it, I'm putting in coil overs i made for the 20v that are on RA40 struts so it gets alittle brake upgrade at the same time.

The springs are way to stiff the the 20v rolla (8kg) some may say they are not but i find they bounce alittle as they really don't compress much hitting bumps so the shocks can't react efficiently.

with 6kg springs it handles and corners better as thats what it had and I'm putting back for the moment.

Instead of wasting them ill use them in the rolladore and looking for RA60 struts for the 20V.

Ill also be redo the rear leafs, repack them different and lower the back more and put on the 15" pepper pots i have. I need the larger wheels to change the diff ratio the rear will have 205x60 that will be 2+ inches taller than what i ran at the last drag meet sa the gearing will be better instead of hitting the rev limiter and the 13" wheels wont fit over the bigger brakes on the front. Front tires will be 195x50.

yes 8kg i think are too hard for my setup, the front just doesnt move, so when hitting bumps there isnt enough compression of the spring for the shock to do anything so it feels a little bouncy, i have some koni inserts in the front and with the 6kg (pedders ke30 springs) it was still stiff but that was the shocks helping that now its the springs overpowering the shock.

In the v6 rolla its got alot more weight to play with and they should be perfect for that..

Going back to V6 conversions, Ive just bought myself a 280se Mercedes Benz thats overrated condition but not running, too expensive to fix the engine so a $300 v6 auto conversion is on its way.

HAHAH awsome. I love the Merc idea.

I'm going to have a spare V6 engine around soon. It runs OK too.

Might have to look into doing something with it down the track.

At the moment I'm busy with another engine sshhhhhh

*cough* 1jz *cough*

Not corolla though. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Bought some Sigma GSR pepperpots wheels some time ago, been polishing them for the last month or so.

Put the R40 struts with the coil overs in, 195/50/15 tires on the front. Repacked the rear leafsprings and added 2 extra leafs so it sits a little lower than the front and have 205/60/15 on the rear, sits level and helps a little with the gearing problem.

But i don't think i like the look of it this way, not sure what ill will do.

post-103-1181977596_thumb.jpg

post-103-1181977606_thumb.jpg