Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Motorkhana Monster

Featured Replies

  • Replies 68
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$1500

 

For freight from Perth to Darwin? You've gotta be bloody kidding me, its only 300 to Adelaide and something like 500 to Melbourne!

 

I could understand it if it were the other way around though.

  • Author

$1529 inc. GST to be exact. Yes it's ridiculous, but I suppose that's the price I pay for living in Paradise.

 

There is also a supercharged AW11 for sale up here to that became available at the same time. It is slightly damaged, but the price is almost low enough to make it worthwhile.

  • Author

Scrub that, the MR2 sold within 24 hours of being advertised. I did say it was cheap - $4,000. But I've also just seen pictures of it, and it was a bit more damaged than expected. There'd be a couple of grands worth of panel work to be done. It's only cosmetic, but still expensive.

  • Author

$2,000 currently, but I'm waiting for a response from the guy to find out which engine it's got to see if it's worthwhile. I really think that a KE30/35 would be best for me due to me already having a KE55 and two spare KE55's, and therefore having a greater parts pool to select from.

  • Author

Worth $2,000???

 

Picture479.jpg

 

Picture478.jpg

 

It's got the 1.5L motor, which is good because it's not the 1.2/1.3, but is bad because it's the pre-crossflow one. The 1.5 can be turned into GT/GT500 spec (62kW versus standard 48kW), or (unlike Toyota) a twincam head (from the Lotus Cortina/Elan) can be fitted as well as bigger bore pistons, taking it out to 1558cc, with 78kW (now we're talking :y:). I'm pretty certain this engine can also have pistons of up to 85mm fitted, creating a 1652cc capacity, which is tonnes. Stroker cranks & conrods may also be available, as the Kent-based motors have been taken up to as much as 1977cc.

But it all costs dollars........

Adam, check out the post I made in that thread on boost. Didn't know you were so keen otherwise may have kept it more secretive :y: . Depends what you want to do but $500 for a rebuilt pinto modified to fit straight in to a mk1 Cortina sounds alright... No idea what that does to the class of the car or whatever in motorkhana terms though.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.