Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Motorkhana Monster

Featured Replies

is what you need is an austin healy sprite or an mg midget, they are class AR and you can go for lots of engine combos, datsun toyota morris and most parts are interchangeable with austin a30's so most stuff isnt to dear for them , we are in the process of building a sprite MK 2A at the moment powered by a datsun 1200 A12 motor with a 4 speed box, they turn like nothing else and go around very well on the hand brake

 

P.S

brockys A30 wasnt powered by a grey motor it had a 179 and A30's are an Austin sprite with a four door car body over the top basically so they are a lot different to morris minors

 

cheers james

  • Replies 68
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is what you need is an austin healy sprite or an mg midget, they are class AR and you can go for lots of engine combos, datsun toyota morris and most parts are interchangeable with austin a30's so most stuff isnt to dear for them , we are in the process of building a sprite MK 2A at the moment powered by a datsun 1200 A12 motor with a 4 speed box, they turn like nothing else and go around very well on the hand brake

 

cheers james

 

I've yet to find a Sprite/Midget in 15 years over 4 states that I can't do over in a Corolla.

I've yet to find a Sprite/Midget in 15 years over 4 states that I can't do over in a Corolla.

 

 

 

 

HA ha! ask "what car should i...." in rolla club...what answer do you think you'll get? ;)

Edited by KE354AGE

theres a sprite down here in tassie that goes to the same motor khanas as me and no on has ever come close to beating it but that may be because it has a 1330cc motor and lots of suspension work, i know a bloke who use to have 2 with k motors in them , the good on is still about and has a hot 4k sat uprite and torana flares on it and is badged a "toysprite"

 

 

cheers james

I race my KE20 against MG's here in canberra theres a few with twin carby datto motors in them, The only problem is there either very unreliable or they are driven bad grand dads so I can not tell you how good they are.. the guys that always seem to have the most fun are the two that show up in old VB commodores there both auto's ... nothing but tyre smoke all the way.. I was thinking about getting an old suziki alto 4wd turbo... but proberly too new for what you are looking for... I saw one race and it was funny to see a "matchbox" doing 4 wheel drift's. The cars that tend to win down here are fairly new e.g MINI Cooper S and MR2. the cars that seem to do the worst are the V8's .. but i am turing my 20 in to a hill climb car so a 1G with full hilux running gear is going in after the next khana (8th of October) I will still enter it in the khanas but I think i will have some problems keeping it under control... I found it cheaper just to bad "bombs" for the dirt races I can buy and sell then for the same amount so I will just race a different car each time from now on, I just damaged to much in the little 20 to continue using it... just to get to the point, A ke20 with a 5k supercharged would be the way to go maybe use the rear end out of a 4wd diesel hilux for a better ratio... and better hand brake, and cheaper tyres.. I can get old second hand 14" down here for the $10.00 and that includes dumping my old ones..

does everything on the car have to be pre 80? if not id be goin 4agze ke20.

Motorkhana's aren't just about power. Too much Hp is actually detrimental to good times.

 

 

thats why a 1G powered ke20 would be too much... The only time power is really handy is when you want to "power slide" around cones. but i suppose you could just use the hand brake.

Motorkhana's aren't just about power. Too much Hp is actually detrimental to good times.

 

of course... but the power is dictated by your right foot. if you don't need the power, don't put your foot down. control the power! however there are times when a bit of low down torque would be very handy, hence why i said 4agze. compact, easy to get, easy to soup up if need be, and very torquey compared to a 4age.

 

i should also add to my list before an AE86 rack and pinion setup.

can't remember my KE20 being beaten by anything powered by a 4age or 4agze in a motorkhana or an autocross.

 

If you don't mind FWD why not a Moke with a full house Cooper S motor in it . If funds are not an issue fit a twin cam head, 6 speed box and really have some fun ;)

Mk I Golf?

Escort (if you can stomach going to a Ford, but at least it's a good one)?

TA22s got in under the tonne I believe, too

escort sounds good ;)

Escorts - way too common. But a mrk 1 with a full house 2L would be a lot of fun......

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.