Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Motorkhana Monster

Featured Replies

how about a cortina

post-1746-1155092370.jpg

  • Replies 68
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Wow, nice response. Where do I begin? I'll try to go in order.

 

A KE20/25 would be cool, but I'd have to find a reasonable one for sale first at a reasonable price. They may have better suspension than the KE10, but the KE10 already has a 5K and is at a reasonable price. I was determined not to look for a car right now, but I was talking to Alisson and now I'm keen.

 

I have thought about a Honda Civic, a 1973 to about 1979 model, with the twin carb 1829cc motor from the Prelude. The City I haven't considered, but would be an interesting choice, but I may as well stick to the Starlet instead of the City.

 

The Honda City Turbo & Daihatsu Charade Turbo are ruled out as they're turbo. The Suzuki 800 is an obscure but appropriate choice. Probably a little too obscure though.

 

The rotary powered 323 (RWD I presume) would be cool, but too hard to do as I'd prefer something almost stock (eg. same series motor in vehicle, eg. 5K in KE10/KE20).

 

The Civic Si's are super cool, but would be too obviously competitive. The advantage of the Starlet is that everyone assumes it's going to go shit because it's completely stock, whereas the Civic actually has a fair bit of grunt and would make things even easier than they already are.

 

Austin Healey Sprite's & MG Midgets are sweet as. A series two Sprite or early Midget with the 1275cc, nice extractors and twin Weber's would be cool as, but more expensive than an old Corolla or similar. Plus I've already beaten two Sprites (both a bug eye and a series two) in previous rallies. The driver was doing pretty damn well in the bug eye too, so it's not like they weren't trying.

 

The Mini Moke would be a good suggestion, except there's been a guy who's taken one the last two years, and his wife drove it the two years before that. He came second to us in 2005, and probably would have done the same again this year, except he had mechanical troubles. The same guy actually won the rally in 2001 in a Mini 1000 and in 2002, 2003, and 2004 in a HSV Clubsport.

 

Mk I Golf would be cool, but basically impossible to find one up here (as with most cars). Esky's are always cool. One with a Pinto 2L or (if I had the funds) a naturally aspirated Cosworth 2L DOHC would be freakin' awesome!!! But I could just tow my KE55 down to each event and do just as well. TA22's are nice, but not really my thing. I want something quite small and easy to flick around. I'm not saying a TA22 wouldn't do that, but it does possibly have a little too long a wheelbase.

 

The Cortina is also extremely cool. But are hard to find up here. Have always loved the Mk1 and Mk2 Cortina's (they're the only good ones), but I don't think I'll find a good one in a hurry.

 

Thanks again for all your suggestions guys. I know I might sound fussy, but it really is good to hear all your suggestions and reasoning behind said suggestions.

Sigma perhaps?

 

KE30 with a 4age converted to twin webers to get past electrickery shit?

 

The batmobile?

Local club escort is set up with a full house BDA (?) Cossie. Nice.

sigma's can be quick in a straight line but they don't turn to well

sigma's can be quick in a straight line but they don't turn to well

 

There would be a circuit racer in SA that would disagree with that - almost unbeatable in the street car class.

 

An early lancer or colt would be ok. Similar to a Corolla but with the possibility of running a 2L or a 2.6L.

old skool golf gti ;)

Edited by Jason

There would be a circuit racer in SA that would disagree with that - almost unbeatable in the street car class.

 

An early lancer or colt would be ok. Similar to a Corolla but with the possibility of running a 2L or a 2.6L.

i can say sigma's don't turn, the tree agree's with me.now don't get me wrong there can be fun to drive mainly cause we took down tree's, fence's and now my mazda and it still goes. now a old skool lancer now ya thinking, a mate has a lancer with the 1.6 satern motor goes hard and handles dirt drifting good.

Edited by too quick

Sigma??? Quick, someone ban Dan for life. It'd be too heavy - and it's Mitsubishi.

 

Just to add fuel to the fire, I might remind you I just bought an EA ;)

 

How about a Gemini? I know alot of the members here hate them, but they're not too bad of a car

Just to add fuel to the fire, I might remind you I just bought an EA :P

 

How about a Gemini? I know alot of the members here hate them, but they're not too bad of a car

gemini's i see as ok never owned so can't really put them down.but when i see a gemini with a drift corp sticker down the side i laugh. ;)

how about an early galant/lancer with an astron/sirrus engine? my mate has an LA lancer with stocky 1400, twin dellortos (untuned) and it cains (dirt) motorkhanas

I agree with Dan. A Gemmy would be the perfect car for you. While I am a faithful rollarist, I find that Corollas have too much cred to truly humiliate the opposition in defeat. And at the risk of being banned forever, they do have a more sophisticated suspension package than the rolla. And with a triple carb 186, would have some get up and go. You could also double your horsepower with a SuperCheap sticker kit, and a fake carbon gear knob. Hehe.

  • Author

The Gemini would have the OMG WTF factor, but as one was coming first at the end of the first day of this year's rally, it has been done. And it had a bonnet scoop. :)

 

The early Galant/Lancer's are cool, but too rare to find and I'm not the biggest fan of Mitsubishi's - certain models, including the ones suggested are possibly excluded from this dislike.

 

Converting a four cylinder car to a six cylinder is completely out as it's too complicated. I don't want massive horsepower, but I'd like the car to have the potential to have another 30-50% tuned into it (eg. with cam(s) and carb(s) and possibly bigger capacity version).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.