casey

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wtf tho there massive it would like down the whole thing and then the spark plug might decide to spark and blow the whole thing too bits,

back on topic i have found 2 brand new 1.5 su's for $150 on ebay(bidding hasent started but) iv offerd him $200 but chances are very slim so...

su's are way better than standards but no-where near as good as twin webbers. look at the firing order 1-3-4-2 so the 1st pulse comes off the first carb then the 2nd off the second carb and then the 3rd off the second carb aswell and the 4th off the first carb.

i know that only one cyclinder is being used at a time but at high revs your bound to loose performance compared to twin webber where each port gets its own supply of air+fuel.

hey wilhav1kikassrolla,

as much as you are keen about this little project, getting twin carbys on your car may be a little quicker if its k motor manifold you want, :y:

as i have a twin carby manifold with linkages just sitting in the shed . ;)

i will try get some pics over the weekend, may help you out for your set up fabrication or for the right price i may sell it!

cheers adam

here you go matey,

carbymanifold001.jpg

this next photo is of the bottom ,where its meant to bolt up to standard exhaust manifold , but it broke so i cut it off,

so extractors would be good for this .

carbymanifold002.jpg

if you want it, name a price

and i might just sell it!! :y:

cheers adam

May want to weld up the hole in the bottom as I'm pretty sure that it links the two carbies together. I don't like the idea of fuel mixture spraying onto my nice hot extractors.........

nah coln72 ,

the hole that is cut out is i think for a water way which heats it up , but I'm yet to find the head that has the water outlet for it , but there is the balace tube between the two carbys which is untouched.

cheers adam

willhav1kikassrolla PM sent

Edited by rolla20

nah coln72 ,

the hole that is cut out is i think for a water way which heats it up , but I'm yet to find the head that has the water outlet for it , but there is the balace tube between the two carbys which is untouched.

oops me bad :lock: forgot about water heating.

yeah stuff buying stuff is you have no money, and makin stuff is so mutch more fun ( sometimes) LOL, another thing you could do is make one from scratch and make it out of mild steal, then tha carbys will sit lower to cos you are not runing it onto of the origanal manifold.

so make ya runins out of some sort of pipe, and make to bass plates and put it all together,

I'm goin to make my own sidedraught manifold for the 3t in my ke20, cos got no dosh to buy one, and will be easy as.

i just love crazy ideas.

Cheers, dan