Your Thoughts On Electric Superchargers?

casey

browsing ebay i came up amoungst amongst this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Supercharg...1QQcmdZViewItem

what are your thouts thoughts on it, i wouldnt mind giving it ago it it would work

also these ones is are different

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Intake-Sup...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Supercharg...1QQcmdZViewItem

:lock:

Members dont see this ad

yeh ive heard about companies trying this before, they have never really made anything thats extremely effective tho. going onto the force-flow site it shows only about a 7hp increase. for $300 give or take i wouldnt bother. they have brought out a hybrid electric turbo on the new BMW's, but they are only to help the turbo's spool quicker thats about it. if your on a budget tho and want an increase of power i guess its something to try. if you do end up getting it let us know how it goes.

ROFLMAO...ahem...yes...quality stuff there. *snickers*

As a guide, turbos spin between 75,000 and 100,000rpm to make pressure depending on how large they are. He says turbine, but I think its just a fan in a tube. Axial flow jet engines use "fans" to compress air but they have multiple compressors (upwards of 9 stages) stepping down in size to compress the air. They also require stator vanes between the compressor stages to straighten the air flow.

I seriously doubt that'd give you even close to the power it claims. I can show you a few places to buy genuine turbos or superchargers for that much money and they WILL give you a power increase.

check out autospeed's full review and testing of these things, some devices like superchargers were a great design from day one and trying to radically change the design fundamentals will never work, like trying to make an electric powered one.

there are different types of superchargers that are all good designs

eg: in positive displacement superchargers (roots, screw)

in dynamic superchargers (centrifugal)

but not electric powered superchargers!

small elec motors are capable of great rpm but not much torque. most electric motors i have seen that produce a decent amount of torque have a high ratio gearbox to multiply torque which loses the rpm.

Just some fantastic specs on the electric ones:

"Serious Power"

"Serious BOOST"

Up To 20 + BHP Increase, Guaranteed!!!.

*("up to"... ie 1 hp is up to 20hp)*

increasing pressure up to 2.0 psi.

*("up to" ie 0.5 psi is up to 2 psi)*

Will this fit a 1999 model 1.5 litre daihatsu charade??

i have a 1990 toyota torago van fuel injected will this adapt

hey guys, i have a 97 v6 holden commodore with twin throttle bodys mounted on top of the manifold so my current pod filters stick out of the bonnet. would...

Yes, The Generation 1 can be placed between the intercooler and the inlet manifold, this will generate boost in the lower rev range and eleviate mechanical turbo lag

*("eleviate?)*

Just want to say a big thank you to E.T.S uk as purchased the Generation 2 supercharger a few weeks ago and works like a charm could not believe the performance gain on my Honda civic 1.4i 16v(00) as if u own one u know its pretty laggy at the bottom end, but with this little puppy installed the pick up is superiorly increased… As in the cold I loose all front traction when I put my foot to the floor ( installed via a nos activation switch which activates at full throttle )

bahahahha!

anyway some great superchargers out there that are cheaper and are real superchargers, ie sc12, sc14 and probably some commodore ones,

i have never really looked into second hand superchargers very much, autospeed has some articles on fitting a second hand supercharger though.

Edited by styler

This just increases air flow down your intake pipe, doesn't compress the air like a supercharger forcing it into the manifold using ecu controlled timing, its nothing like a supercharger.

Friend of mine bought and fitted this to his mr2, only because its a mid mounted engine and he wanted to get more air to it being at the rear. The power difference is not noticed and he had to replace a worn alternator 2 weeks after he installed it. I'm thinking the drain on the alternator pulley => air intake power gain. I don't recommend this to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...