V6 Into Ke70

philba

Hey, I've been looking at this site for a while now, and I'd say it would be best bet for info on an engine swap that i'd like to try. I've got an old ke70 that i'd like to chuck in a commodore V6 (3.8). I've seen 308's in older 'rolla's, so why not somwthing a little different? How do ya think it'll go? thanks

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for beating me to that JC807. I don't know where some people get these strange ideas.

As for something a bit different for your KE70, why not go a Toyota V6 conversion? I can't think of any off the top of my head (straight six - yes, V6 - no). If you could get your hands on a wrecked current model IS350 or GS300/350, you could use the engine and gearbox from that. The 3.5L engine will soon be available in the Aurion, so parts won't be much of an issue.

Another option with the current fuel prices would be to go with something like a Hilux turbo diesel engine. I know that you may not consider that a good performance option, but consider this: the current Hilux 3.0L turbo diesel (1KD-FTV) makes 126kW and 343Nm. There is a company called Eng-Tek (www.eng-tek.com.au which makes a performance module which will pick up an additional 30hp straight away, plus a good 2.5-inch exhaust is meant to work wonders on these engines. It would be quite different, but would fry tyres with ease with all that torque.

• 1 month later...