October 21, 20196 yr Author comment_720348 Hey Darren, how are you mate? It's unfortunately slowly and i'm also considering a slightly different direction, well, maybe haha. Gotta have a plan B! Pretty sure it is a 12.99, well that's the quickest one I've seen, was/is a white ke30 pretty sure it's a Sydney car. But that was a long time ago though. Ultimately I'd like around an 8.90 out of my car that's obviously not with a "K", well I should fess up, about 4 months ago I bought a CA stroker short block stupid cheap full of spool gear, so that technically could be plan B but I've also been researching the Honda stuff too. Edited October 21, 20196 yr by kickn5k Report
October 23, 20196 yr comment_720364 Pretty cool Honda motor with a turbo would be rad with big revs Ca18.with the euro head. Make good power ! 12.99 is easy I'm building a 7k motor atm/gtx3071 in a. 48 housing on a j pipe with 48mmm gate ,dropped trans off monday Full manual valve body trimatic getting done Motor was dropped of a few weeks ago to ..staying hydro cam, but half grout filled /h beams/forgies etc Ecu is wired up/fuel system done Exhaust done/diff done(hilux) Intercooler and piping all done Should be different Cheers Darren Report
January 26, 20206 yr Author comment_721437 Well, the CA18/20 bottom end is sold. Was offered a seriously good deal on a sorted engine that I put together for a mate a while ago which will make chasing an 8 a lot easier. I will be putting the 5k back together as a 11:1 motor, re-registering the car then changing it over. All I'm going to say until I have done the deal is it's got two cams and a touch more capacity. Report
January 29, 20206 yr Author comment_721458 On 1/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, KEI069 said: At least there is progress mate 👍 You're not wrong. Won't be grabbing it till mid March, but I'm 80% sure the deal is done so. IT'S A 4agte! Setup made 360rwkw last time it was dyno'd. Engine specs are: Semi-grout filled 7rib block. Mrp billet crank. Spool conrods. Sps 9.4:1 std bore custom pistons. Mrp 7/16 head studs. 312° Kent camshafts. Ported bigport head. Garrett gtx30. Microtech Ltx10(won't be staying long) Got some W5x bits for it already as I'm not getting a gearbox for it, but seriously considering a built Ford C series 3 speed. Probably won't have it in and running till late this year but really all I need fuel system, radiator and intecooler(the old ones which I'm getting are from a ke70) and a clutch and I'm golden. Report
January 29, 20206 yr Author comment_721460 1 hour ago, parrot said: What is a semi grout filled block? Engine grout is sort of like concrete, you fill the water jackets with, to stabilise the block. This one is only half filled to the bottom of the water pump. Report
January 30, 20206 yr comment_721463 I assume there is a trade off to cooling ability when you do that? Report
January 30, 20206 yr Author comment_721465 7 hours ago, ke70dave said: I assume there is a trade off to cooling ability when you do that? Not sure, I asked him and he hadn't really noticed any increase. My tuner has it in his barra block and done drag challenge, it posed no heat issues for the week. Only time will tell. Report
January 31, 20206 yr Author comment_721476 2 hours ago, KEI069 said: Holy shit, that will be a handful 31 minutes ago, untubbed_20 said: can't imagine a ke10 with 360rwkw Be so scary! Nah I'll be putting the 18psi spring in the gate to start with, made 240rwkw at that with a slightly smaller turbo. That's more than enough for a sub 800kg car. Front suspension will get 6kg up from 4kg springs and some form of vented brake upgrade with a 4x114.3 conversion. Back will probably end up being shortened BW from a 31 skyline. Edited January 31, 20206 yr by kickn5k Report
March 17, 20206 yr comment_721940 Damn keen to see this come together Stu, will be seriously quick! What did you do with the old 5K driveline? Report
March 18, 20206 yr Author comment_721942 1 hour ago, Doogs said: Damn keen to see this come together Stu, will be seriously quick! What did you do with the old 5K driveline? I've got the 5k In pieces atm, will be freshening it up, with a B/P head, tomei cromo pushrods etc. and offering it for sale with a k50 and new HD clutch soon. You interested? keen eyes will notice no oil filler cap, it was a dry sump engine and I'll be changing it back to a wet sump. Report
March 18, 20206 yr comment_721943 Awesome, changing to wet sump for simplicity? My motor is pretty solid (touchwood), but I will be upgrading gearbox at some point. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now